Booking specialty restaurant when kids camp offers dinner option

brenderlou

We'll be on the Caribbean Princess March 23rd - 7 nt cruise and would like to dine at a speciality restaurant one night when our daughter is at the kids camp.

We haven't been on Princess in a few years but I remember the kids program would offer several nights when the kids could dine together and then would have activities after. One of these nights would be a perfect "date night" for hubby and I at a specialty restaurant.

Does anyone know which nights offer the kids dining option? Also, what's the best way to book a specialty restaurant? Right when I get on board or call once on board (I'm not one to stand in line for a long time to get a reservation....)

Thanks

I can't say for sure what will be the situation on your cruise, but from observation of threads here:

1) usually there's not a problem making a reservation for a specialty restaurant. You may not get your first choice, but there's been times that the head waiter will come to our table on various cruises and ask if he can make a reservation for anyone.

2) on our last cruise, we were gifted with a dinner in Sabatini's and were given our choice of a couple of different times for the next night. When we were there, there were only two other tables in use.

3) sometimes the kids' programs will offer the dinner on a formal night.

You might want to ask someone who had recently been on the ship you're going on (and had kids traveling with them), if they can check the kids' packet, if they still have it to see when the kids had their dinners.

You will probably have to wait until you board the ship and go to the kids' club area to find out which evening(s) they will provide a dinner opportunity for the kids.

After that you can either go to one of the specialty restaurants to make your booking or call the DINE line on your cabin phone to do the same.

When you arrive, the full week kid schedule will be in your cabin. You'll be able to see what nights the kids club will be doing dinner.

Personally, my kids would have a fit if I dropped them at the kid club to eat pizza while I went to a specialty restaurant. But they are older and know where the "good stuff" is. OTOH, I've heard that some kids would rather eat with the kids club than endure a 2 hour formal dinner.

We have taken our grandchildren to the buffet (they were younger then) about 6 PM or so and after they were done taken them to the kids club when it opened at 7 PM and then gone to dinner at 7:15 or so. There was no problem getting a reservation at that time.

Archived