What time for dinner to make the shows?

Terryd444

Hi everyone,

I want to be ready to book dinner times that will allow us to eat comfortably and still have time to make the evening entertainment at 9:30.

What times would you suggest we try for? I am even willing to go earlier in order to make sure we are able to fit everything in. I have an always hungry husband, so if anyone could also let me know what is open after the shows that would be helpful. Eating early is ok if we can have midnight goodies!

We are going on a 10 day cruise, how many nights is there likely to be a show?

Thanks as always for sharing your knowledge!

Terry

Hi everyone,

I want to be ready to book dinner times that will allow us to eat comfortably and still have time to make the evening entertainment at 9:30.

I would do 6:30 to 8pm in the restaurants but do a 2 top if you dine later & there is always the buffet

What times would you suggest we try for? I am even willing to go earlier in order to make sure we are able to fit everything in. I have an always hungry husband, so if anyone could also let me know what is open after the shows that would be helpful. Eating early is ok if we can have midnight goodies!

Room service or bar snacks ...if you are able to use the Executive or Concierge lounge I understand they have snack food there

We are going on a 10 day cruise, how many nights is there likely to be a show?

Thanks as always for sharing your knowledge!

Terry

They have a show every night ...I think there are 4 production shows & the rest are other forms of entertainers

Lyn

We basically missed every show last year on Marina as we like to eat after 8.

A question that I never got to ask the truly delightful CD Dottie was: "Why aren't there two shows on the evenings with production shows?"

Currently, the production show singers and dancers work less than on any other ship or line that I have been on. I understand that two shows might provide smaller audiences in a large lounge but it would let a lot more people see the shows.

If you've taken the time, effort and cost to mount a show, you might as well show it off as much as possible.

Hi:

We have completed 12 cruises with Oceania and have seen maybe 2 shows. They are ususally not the same calibre as on large ships with other cruises. Oceania is more port intensive and somewhat less quality for shows. Enjoy your days in port, eat when you wish and head down to auditoreum when you wish.

Elwin

Back from the Regatta two weeks ago.

Speciatly restaurant sharing is tough to make a show as on the Regatta your choice was 6:30 or 7:30 (no 7:00 pm reservation). No way to make the show with a 7:30 seating. At best we got out at 10:00.

Grand Dining room if seated for only 2 you could easily finish dinner in 60-90 minutes. If sharing a 7:30 seating (open seating-show up when you want) was tight for the 9:30 show.

This is all so helpful. Dinner is clearly a lovely and leisurely experience!

Thanks to everyone for their input and comments. Now all I have to do is to wait for my reservations to open up and hope there's some early 6 or 6:30 settings left!

But I must have tea in horizons! Will that be at 4pm? Oh oh...I can see I may have to do some serious juggling as I MUST have afternoon tea!

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences everyone, it is much appreciated

Terry

This is all so helpful. Dinner is clearly a lovely and leisurely experience!

Thanks to everyone for their input and comments. Now all I have to do is to wait for my reservations to open up and hope there's some early 6 or 6:30 settings left!

But I must have tea in horizons! Will that be at 4pm? Oh oh...I can see I may have to do some serious juggling as I MUST have afternoon tea!

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences everyone, it is much appreciated

Terry

There are no 6pm seatings ..all dining venues start at 6:30pm ...probably La Reserve is the exception

If there is a show we want to see we may go to the buffet or GDR at 6;30 at a smaller table then you are out in time for the evening show

DH very seldom misses afternoon tea but you have to pace yourself with all the food about :D

Enjoy the cruise

lyn

A question that I never got to ask the truly delightful CD Dottie was: "Why aren't there two shows on the evenings with production shows?"

Currently, the production show singers and dancers work less than on any other ship or line that I have been on.

Did you notice that the singers and dancers have additional jobs on the Regatta? One singer was responsible for the library, the other one led the embroidery group. I saw the male singers with sports equipment.

Archived