Passport Update

StillPooh

For those wondering about turnaround times: I sent our renewals to the Philadelphia offices on January 17th (regular first class mail). We don't have a trip coming up, so we only paid the regular $110 each (no need for speed).

Our new passports arrived yesterday! So they only took 3 weeks. :cool:

When my wife changed her name, I think it was only like $10.00
I think there's a time limit for that, such as your passport has to be less than 2 years old at the time of the name change.

$110= $11 a year. Not so bad!

edited to add: according to the State Department website, name changes within one year of passport issue are free. After that it looks like they are $60.

I sent my renewal in on Jan 10. Received the new one Express Mail on Jan 25. Old passport came back 11 days later, and I still haven't receivbed the passport card I also ordered. Go figure. Although I think the renewal was sent to Phila., the passport, etc. came from New Hampshire. EM

edited to add: according to the State Department website, name changes within one year of passport issue are free. After that it looks like they are $60.

I had to do a name change on my passport. Issued in 2007. Sent it in January 2013 so outside the window for name changes. Had to pay for an early renewal at $110. I did not see anything that talks about $60 name changes.

I sent my renewal in on Jan 10. Received the new one Express Mail on Jan 25. Old passport came back 11 days later, and I still haven't receivbed the passport card I also ordered. Go figure. Although I think the renewal was sent to Phila., the passport, etc. came from New Hampshire. EM
I freaked out when the new ones came without the old ones! Didn't realize until I re-read the FAQ that they can come back separately. :o

I had to do a name change on my passport. Issued in 2007. Sent it in January 2013 so outside the window for name changes. Had to pay for an early renewal at $110. I did not see anything that talks about $60 name changes.
It's under the FAQs, if you are eligible to use Form DS-82.

Applied in January for my daughters' passports and they came back in two weeks. Was very impressed as they are minors so I had to do the whole process over, no renewals for kids until they are 16 or older.

Still haven't received their birth certificates or old passports back yet though.

Archived