New itineraries

Mizzouaholic

Does anyone have any idea why Carnival doesn't sail to Barbados or St Kitts from Miami? Is it just a logistical thing? I think they sail there from San Juan but that's it.

I've sailed to St. Kitts twice from Ft. Lauderdale (when the Miracle was there, once in 2008 and once in 2010). The itinerary included St. Kitts, St. Lucia, and St. Maarten and was 8 days instead of the usual 7 days. I thought the Freedom was still doing the southern cruises with St. Kitts on the itinerary, but it looks like that itinerary has been replaced with Aruba, Curacao, Dominican Republic, and Grand Turk. That's a fantastic itinerary also, and we did that one out of Ft. Lauderdale last year.

I'd love to see them change it up a little and do more of these southern itineraries from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale, Barbados included! The flight cost to San Juan is prohibitive for us.

I agree that the price for us to fly to San Juan is too expensive. We are currently booked on the Grand Turk, La Romana, Curaçao, Aruba 8 day on the Breeze, but Barbados is on my bucket list...

I third this about prohibitive airfare to San Juan!!!

The San Juan cruise fare is typically cheaper than other 7 day options, and if you look hard enough you can most likely find discount airfare (depending on your home airport of course.)

I just booked the Valor for sept, and with airfare it was only $100 more than the Dream out of Orlando with airfare. And it's 6 ports instead of 4 (worse) ports on the Dream.

Archived