Up "sell" C&a points?

skibyrd

Tell then to go to the C&A Member's Benefits page and look at Footnote #14

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS). Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.

Unfortunately, I think this is what they are saying - I paid originally for the balcony but sailed in a suite and this would not count.:confused: It is kind of confusing - and obviously not consistent across the board.

Unfortunately, I think this is what they are saying - I paid originally for the balcony but sailed in a suite and this would not count.:confused: It is kind of confusing - and obviously not consistent across the board.

Do not give up. Write to Adam Goldstein's office, as Patti suggested. Simply state that you know that you are entitled to the double points because you PAID for your Grand Suite; it was NOT a complimentary upgrade. State that you are only writing to the top office because both C&A and Resolutions would not help you.

I would expect good results.

:)

Yes, you paid for a balcony but you said you paid to upgrade to a suite. What's the difference?:eek::(

I would still email AGoldstein@rccl.com What they are telling you makes no sense. Or wait until Monday and get someone who is not part of the weekend shift.

YEA!! Thank you all! I sent the email to AGoldstein and got the response today that I have been given the double cruise points! Thank you for your encouragment:D

I had been ready to give in and accept it as what they had said - be persistent!! A huge thanks once again.

YEA!! Thank you all! I sent the email to AGoldstein and got the response today that I have been given the double cruise points! Thank you for your encouragment:D

I had been ready to give in and accept it as what they had said - be persistent!! A huge thanks once again.

Thanks for reporting back. Good to know they are still allowing the double points as long as there is a paid upgrade.

We paid for an up grade from balcony to a grand suite on last Oasis. Only got the 7 points. I was understanding that paid upgrades are awarded the double points but that free upgrades are not. Am I correct? I have emailed Crown and Anchor and not heard yet, thought I would ask you all. Thanks.

My question to you is: Did they call you and offer you an upgrade for some extra money? Or did you upgrade using their standard rates?

We were just offered a JS from a D1 for 100 more total. The listed price on the JS were much higher. At that time I asked if we would get double points because we were in effect paying for the JS and it was not a free upgrade.

The answer was "no we would not". Unless you are paying the listed price at the time.

Now I am really interesting in how you got the upgrade:D

By the way I did not take the JS offered for the 100 bucks as my D1 cabin was such a great location and only for 4 days.

We were offered the upgrade (less than the listed price) 2 days before sailing. What you were told was what I was told all weekend, until response today. We paid $1000 more, but was still considerably less than the quoted grand suite price.

We were offered the upgrade (less than the listed price) 2 days before sailing. What you were told was what I was told all weekend, until response today. We paid $1000 more, but was still considerably less than the quoted grand suite price.

For $1000 more I agree that you should have gotten the points.

$100 more maybe not:rolleyes: That is probably why when I asked if double points would be awarded.....the response was "Not at this price"

Thank you for keeping us informed for future reference.

I'm glad it worked out for you, persistence seems to be they key with C&A!

My wife and I had a similar situation a couple of years ago. We were at 8 points (old system) and bought an upgrade to JS. The extra point would have made us Diamond. Long story short, they changed the program right before we cruised and we were left three points short of D. After a bunch of calls and emails (inlcluding one to Mr. Goldstein's office), they gave in and made us Diamond with 77 points.

I wish CCL was as concerned with making their past guests happy as RCI seems to be. If they were, my cruise history wouldn't be steadily creeping toward an RCI majority. :D;)

Thanks for coming back and giving us the good news. It's always nice to hear about a Happy Ending!!

So what is the final say in this scenario for future scenarios?

You pay any amount for an "upsell" and you get double points....or you pay a substantial amount and get them. Hmmm subjective at best.

I can see many emails to AG on any upsell they might be offered. I know I will be in line as they are offering more Upsells then ever before.

I guess I just missed out on one:eek:

Archived