Up "sell" C&a points?

skibyrd

We paid for an up grade from balcony to a grand suite on last Oasis. Only got the 7 points. I was understanding that paid upgrades are awarded the double points but that free upgrades are not. Am I correct? I have emailed Crown and Anchor and not heard yet, thought I would ask you all. Thanks.

We paid for an up grade from balcony to a grand suite on last Oasis. Only got the 7 points. I was understanding that paid upgrades are awarded the double points but that free upgrades are not. Am I correct? I have emailed Crown and Anchor and not heard yet, thought I would ask you all. Thanks.

As far as I'm aware you're right

With out a doubt you should have received 14 cruise (points) credits for your 7 nights in a GS...I think I would have called the C&A desk to have this oversight handled immediatly..but that's just me. Best of luck...I'm sure it will be taken care of with no problem.

Agree with ashland regarding the points as well as calling to talk with someone. We had a similar situation last May on Oasis and definalte got 14 pts. as a result. I prefer to talk with someone to get things resolved - especially if other people need to get involved - while you are on the phone with one call v. rely on and wait for an email response.

Another vote for calling the C&A desk directly. Getting a response could take days. That's if you get one. And it's been my experience that the reps that answer online inquiries or emails frequently do not have the correct information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Write a letter to Corporate Headquarters to see if they can override that decision. Remind them that you paid for the upgrade and remember when writing a letter of complaint "less is more."

I learned that after the second paragraph people tend to loss interest.

Great, thank you!

You're welcome. I also posted on your other thread and said...

....If you paid for an upgrade to a GS, then you are definitely eligible for those extra points. Problem is when you call C&A you are being connected to the Oregon office and those folks need some serious training.:( This isn't the first time they offered misinformation.

You're welcome. I also posted on your other thread and said...

....If you paid for an upgrade to a GS, then you are definitely eligible for those extra points. Problem is when you call C&A you are being connected to the Oregon office and those folks need some serious training.:( This isn't the first time they offered misinformation.

Patti, is Wichita gone, or is Oregon in addition to Wichita?

Patti, is Wichita gone, or is Oregon in addition to Wichita?

Wichita will eventually, in the not to distant future, only be handling Celebrity Captain's Club. All C&A inquiries will be handled by the Oregon office. C&A is currently transitioning all calls to the Oregon office.

Wichita will eventually, in the not to distant future, only be handling Celebrity Captain's Club. All C&A inquiries will be handled by the Oregon office. C&A is currently transitioning all calls to the Oregon office.

Wow, I've dealt with some really good people in Wichita over the years. I'll miss their excellent service.

What was their reasoning? Even if you paid .01, you should get the points.

I was told that you only get the double points if you pay FULL price for the Grand Suite as listed. I politely told him I did not believe that was the case but his supervisor gave him the answer so will call later and try again.

I was told that you only get the double points if you pay FULL price for the Grand Suite as listed. I politely told him I did not believe that was the case but his supervisor gave him the answer so will call later and try again.

You might want to ask them about getting double points if you pay full price for a GS cabin and then happen to get a price reduction. :D

You might want to ask them about getting double points if you pay full price for a GS cabin and then happen to get a price reduction. :D

I also thought of - if I took the last GS with that price just what IS the full price?!:rolleyes: I would venture to say that was the full price...

thanks

That makes no sense. If you paid the price that was the going rate for a GS, that is your full price. May not have been someone else's ;) What price do they think full price is? Curious minds and all..

HELP - on the phone with resolutions now and they are NOT going to give them to me. Can anyone find something on their fine print that gives that information???

Tell then to go to the C&A Member's Benefits page and look at Footnote #14

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS). Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.

Archived