Summit: "new" outside cabin

BuddyR

Great! Thanks!

I've updated my picture to show the double door. All locations are approximate :D

Summit3112_zpsceb81bf8.jpg

I would say, that's about it. It's a great cabin, in my opinion. It's a shame that because of cruise critic, we'll never be able to snag it again. :D

I would say, that's about it. It's a great cabin, in my opinion. It's a shame that because of cruise critic, we'll never be able to snag it again. :D

Hmmm...

Maybe I should delete my pictures :rolleyes: :cool: :p :D

Thanks to previous posts on Cruise Critic, I snagged 3112 for this year's upcoming New Year's cruise. Thanks CC members:D

ok...so can anyone answer Wine-O's question about whether or not the last cabin on that hall (#3144) is configured like #3112?? Wine-O, do you remember if the opposite end of the hall looked like Ron's drawing of the area around your cabin #3112?

Laura

ok...so can anyone answer Wine-O's question about whether or not the last cabin on that hall (#3144) is configured like #3112?? Wine-O, do you remember if the opposite end of the hall looked like Ron's drawing of the area around your cabin #3112?

Laura

Sorry, didn't really pay much attention except it was convenient area to get to the aft elevators up to the Sunset Bar.

My guess is that 3112 is the only cabin with the special configuration. I'm thinking that this cabin's bathroom is adjacent to the public restrooms and that the remaining 16 cabins have every two cabins sharing plumbing. Maybe?

Laura

Does anyone know if the glass table moves? (seen in front of the overstuffed chair thingy) My FI wants to know, as he sees it as something to trip over and get in the way.

I'm still debating between cabin 3112 and 3144. Someone help sway me one way or the other! :) Does anyone know what is "beyond" cabin 3144 going aft? Crew quarters or something else?? TIA!

Does anyone know if the glass table moves? (seen in front of the overstuffed chair thingy) My FI wants to know, as he sees it as something to trip over and get in the way.

I'm still debating between cabin 3112 and 3144. Someone help sway me one way or the other! :) Does anyone know what is "beyond" cabin 3144 going aft? Crew quarters or something else?? TIA!

I do remember that the Stateroom service cart was down by the 3144 area. In fact, that's the only place in that area (3112-3144) where they could enter that cordoned off section.

If you can get 3112, go for it.

Edited by Wine-O

I was thinking that the area beside 3144 might be the galley?

Laura

There's a passageway going from the midships elevators to the aft elevators that parallels the enclosed section of 3112-3144. The only way the attendants could enter that area would be from somewhere back there by 3144. They certainly didn't come thru the forward section by the Grand Foyer.

There's a passageway going from the midships elevators to the aft elevators that parallels the enclosed section of 3112-3144. The only way the attendants could enter that area would be from somewhere back there by 3144. They certainly didn't come thru the forward section by the Grand Foyer.

Makes sense!

I do remember that the Stateroom service cart was down by the 3144 area. In fact, that's the only place in that area (3112-3144) where they could enter that cordoned off section.

If you can get 3112, go for it.

Come to think of it, I've never heard a peep out of that stateroom service cart no matter where I was on any ship except if there was an attendant near it -- I would hear a "good morning."

The only thing I would be concerned about is if there was a service entrance into the area where you could hear the slamming of doors, but there was none of that in that area.

There's a set of double doors to enter the area by Stateroom 3116. and back aft of that section by Stateroom 3140 that leads to the aft stairs/elevator.

Thanks for your comments. I just booked 3120 on Millennium and I'm assuming the configuration is the same?

Question: were the double doors by 3116 kept open? Last fall I was in a similar "new" cabin on Grandeur OTS made from the former card room, and there was some noise from opening and shutting of the fire doors nearby.

Edited by cheffip

We may be OK because the word hasn't gotten out to Celebrity or one of the large on-line TA's.;)

Mentioned wanting one of these "new" cabins and was told by both that these cabins are exactly the same

as the others and those further forward are better located. So shhhh..:D

Thanks for your comments. I just booked 3120 on Millennium and I'm assuming the configuration is the same?

Question: were the double doors by 3116 kept open? Last fall I was in a similar "new" cabin on Grandeur OTS made from the former card room, and there was some noise from opening and shutting of the fire doors nearby.

They were left open all the time.

• 2 months later...
Do these new outside cabins have the sliding glass doors or the old dreaded curtains? I'm hoping since they are new they would have the sliding glass doors, but I'm just wondering if someone can confirm that.

Thanks.

Sue

No sliding door; these cabins on deck 3 are oceanview. They have a very large round window.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/418529_10150638723905879_1042383933_n.jpg

Laura

• 1 year later...

Have not been in that cabin, but you can not hear anything outside Michaels. TV is on very low, very elegant music when offered. Never heard a loud bunch in there and we were in out many times a day. Usually less than 60 have access, not crowded. I would not worry about it.