Alaska green jeep rentals

kceagle

We won't be there until Friday, June 14th. Still hoping to snag a couple of 4 door jeeps.

You might want to give Avis a call and see if they have any mini vans left. From what I understand, you can't really go off roading anywhere. (You'll get a ticket). There is a store in town for snacks and sodas and there are free and down-loadable mile by mile maps on the internet. The cost for Avis is much less. Here's a site with lots of info and one of the free maps. Good luck!

http://www.bellsalaska.com/myalaska/alaska_highway.html.

You might want to give Avis a call and see if they have any mini vans left. From what I understand, you can't really go off roading anywhere. (You'll get a ticket). There is a store in town for snacks and sodas and there are free and down-loadable mile by mile maps on the internet. The cost for Avis is much less. Here's a site with lots of info and one of the free maps. Good luck!

http://www.bellsalaska.com/myalaska/alaska_highway.html.

Avis isn't open in Skagway, until May.

Avis is now open in Skagway year round and is being booked out of Sgt Prestons Lodge.

This is right across the street from Sourdough, so if one is not open the other is!

I just went by there and they have the new Avis sign out in front!

Their phone is 907-983-2521

They may relocate back to the Westmark inn May, but they have been renting at the new location since October.

The weather is cloudy and 40 F and the snow is all gone below 100 ft elev.:)

DD

From what I understand, you can't really go off roading anywhere. (You'll get a ticket).

There are a couple of very good places to go off-roading but I doubt that Green Jeeps tells you where they are, because unless you know what you're doing you could get yourself in a LOT of trouble in both places. I don't know where you got the idea that somebody would give you a ticket for off-roading, but that's definitely not true.

Not interested in off roading. But I have 8 people to get rounded up and out for the excursion. Green Jeep gets all the stuff ready for me and that sounds like a good idea for me. Also they have CB's so we can communicate with each other as we head up the Klondike Highway. Thanks for your tips though.

Avis is now open in Skagway year round and is being booked out of Sgt Prestons Lodge.

This is right across the street from Sourdough, so if one is not open the other is!

They may relocate back to the Westmark inn May, but they have been renting at the new location since October.

DD

Thank you DD for the update on Avis and the weather. Can't wait to be there! :D

DD

Dave- thanks for the update. When I reserved my car in Aug/Sept for this year, the web site was still noted as seasonal.

I value accurate information, and made the wrong assumption.

Hopefully I will see you, on the road, this year.

Archived