Tell me about Fitness Center Showers please on Explorer?

Hi! So, I'm bunking with my Mom and Dad. 3 people is a lot for a little shower in the cabin so I'm thinking I'll take some posters advice and shower in the fitness center. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Is it group showers? Do they have doors or curtains? Is there a steam room or sauna I can use for free?

Hi! So, I'm bunking with my Mom and Dad. 3 people is a lot for a little shower in the cabin so I'm thinking I'll take some posters advice and shower in the fitness center. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Is it group showers? Do they have doors or curtains? Is there a steam room or sauna I can use for free?

Can't tell you about the shower setup, but they do have steam and sauna available for free. Men and women each have their own steam and sauna rooms.

OK, having not been in the ladies side (I can check with my wife and get back to you if no one else responds) I cannot say for sure on the showers. As I recall in the mens side it was open but with dividers. (sorry - didn't use them just went in to see the facility). The steam room / sauna is free, however. They also have a nice (and large) whirlpool facility that comes in handy in bad (or cold) weather as it is indoors. Enjoy EOS - been on her twice from Bayonne and really enjoyed both cruises. Great crew!

Oh thanks! I'd love to know from your wife what the shower set up was leaveitallbehind, thank you! So they have an indoor whirlpool? I bet a lot of people don't know that! I wonder if I should check it out on the first day as it will be chilly and who knows how many will think to get in it! :D

Hi Luckyprincess- we have 15 days to go!

Ok I can't remember on the EOS but the Voyager (sister ship) there was a door/ curtain because I remember my girlfriend remarking how nice that was.

SSSH about the whirlpool!

Oh thanks! I'd love to know from your wife what the shower set up was leaveitallbehind, thank you! So they have an indoor whirlpool? I bet a lot of people don't know that! I wonder if I should check it out on the first day as it will be chilly and who knows how many will think to get in it! :D

I believe the whirlpool is the hot tub right in the front of the fitness center. This part is coed.

I should hear from her in a little while and will ask her. Check back to the thread later and I will post her answer. Any other questions for the boss? We used the whirlpool a couple of times and unless you go into the spa people may not realize it's there. There are also towels there that are on an open self serve rack, so no need to check one out and bring it there.

OK - just got off the phone with the boss. She too did not use the showers but recalls that the dressing areas are open but the showers are enclosed individually. She is not certain but that is her recollection - at least that they are private. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much!!

Guest maddycat

The showers have either doors or curtains. I guess that the ones with curtains are handicap accessible. All of the showers are much larger than the cabin showers. There are also lockers and a restroom.

OK - just got off the phone with the boss. She too did not use the showers but recalls that the dressing areas are open but the showers are enclosed individually. She is not certain but that is her recollection - at least that they are private. Hope this helps.

What he said. I recall the spa showers were fairly spacious and had frosted glass doors on the mens side. Dressing area is shared. Wife said ladies was the same. Separate saunas, but whirlpool is shared. My wife is not crazy about the torpedo tube showers most rooms offer and prefers to bag up her essentials and head down to the spa showers. They do provide good towels, but she always came back to the room to dry her hair. Expect it to be a little more crowded up there on formal nights.

Archived