Have questions and need help....

pmfan

1. I am looking at booking a cruise and they have listed inside guarantees, both Q and Z. What is the difference?

2. There are 3 of us, the youngest being 26 years old. It is actually cheaper for us to book 2 inside guarantees, putting down 4 names than it is for us to book 1 cabin for 2 and the other cabin for 1. Not sure why this is. :confused: The guarantees do not show when I put in 1 person in cabin.

If I booked with 2 in each cabin, in order to get the guarantee price and call later and remove 1 person, will the price in that cabin go up? Or stay at the guarantee price? :confused:

I am confused...have never booked guarantees before.

all cabins are sold as a minimum of 2. so if you book a cabin that only has one person in it you will pay up to double the listed cost( taxes and port fees will only be charged once.)

if you book for 4, and then later remove a name only the taxes and port fees for the person who does not sail will be reimbursed. you will still pay the single supplement

all cabins are sold as a minimum of 2. so if you book a cabin that only has one person in it you will pay up to double the listed cost( taxes and port fees will only be charged once.)

if you book for 4, and then later remove a name only the taxes and port fees for the person who does not sail will be reimbursed. you will still pay the single supplement

I know this is how the cabin categories work, but never having did a guarantee was not sure if they worked the same way. I can input 1 cruiser in the cabin categories but the guarantee won't let me do that so I was wondering if they worked differently. Thank you.

1. I am looking at booking a cruise and they have listed inside guarantees, both Q and Z. What is the difference?

2. There are 3 of us, the youngest being 26 years old. It is actually cheaper for us to book 2 inside guarantees, putting down 4 names than it is for us to book 1 cabin for 2 and the other cabin for 1. Not sure why this is. :confused: The guarantees do not show when I put in 1 person in cabin.

If I booked with 2 in each cabin, in order to get the guarantee price and call later and remove 1 person, will the price in that cabin go up? Or stay at the guarantee price? :confused:

I am confused...have never booked guarantees before.

YOu can't really book one person in a room, so it is not "cheaper". You have 2 choices. Find a room that hold 3 and book it. One person will sleep on a sofa bed or a bunk. The other option is to book the extra person in their own room and they will pay the supplement which might be double the price. Personnally, I would book 3 in the room, because it is just for sleeping unless you have some other reason why this wouldn't work.

Sometimes if you call, or have a "connected" travel agent call on your behalf, they will allow one person to book a guarantee category.

Do the cabins need to be near one another? If so, rethink the gty booking. If anywhere on the ship is fine, even one of the worst cabins, go ahead with the gty.

If I were in your shoes, I'd try MarionMom's suggestion. if that does not work, I'd book two double cabins, giving any old name as the fourth. Then watch for price drops, checking both single and double rates. maybe you will catch a price drop for the solo rate and can drop the fictitious fourth. Or maybe you will find a comparable fourth person and can change the name on the booking. If not, just leave it and have the fourth person be a no-show. You might not get the taxes back, but if you are happy with the price, so be it.

Archived