Choosing an Aft Wrap on the Dream

cruznlobo

OK folks.

I usually try to help cruisers out on here, but now I need some advice.

I have been doing all kinds of research and am just confusing the crap out of myself.

Considering, cabin size, location and the size and way the balcony wraps, could I get some opinions on which aft wrap we should choose for our next cruise.

I'm looking at 7454, 7459, 8466 or 8473.

Pictures would help.

TIA

Mike & Vicki

My Fiancee and I were in 7454. It was great, we really liked it. Balcony was amazing. We are going on the liberty next year for our wedding and we booked another aft wrap. One thing on our cruise was we keep hearing something banging around but it wasn't on our deck, and it wasn't the deck next to us. We could only hear it at night, never during the day.

We were in 8466 on the Magic which is the same class of ship. Some things to consider: The rooms get smaller the higher you go up. If you are on decks 6, 7, or 8, people on lido can look directly on your balcony. If you are on deck 9, they can't. Also, I felt that the balcony was nice, but the room felt kinda cramped. We leave on the magic in three weeks and have booked an aft extended, so I'll be able to compare the level of "crampedness". Anyhow, I posted pictures of 8466 at http://www.********************/view_room.php?r_id=126090. Just replace all the * with "cruise line rooms dot com". Let me know if you need more info.

We were in 8466 on the Magic which is the same class of ship. Some things to consider: The rooms get smaller the higher you go up. If you are on decks 6, 7, or 8, people on lido can look directly on your balcony. If you are on deck 9, they can't. Also, I felt that the balcony was nice, but the room felt kinda cramped. We leave on the magic in three weeks and have booked an aft extended, so I'll be able to compare the level of "crampedness". Anyhow, I posted pictures of 8466 at http://www.********************/view_room.php?r_id=126090. Just replace all the * with "cruise line rooms dot com". Let me know if you need more info.

I am confused....how can people on Lido not see the deck 9 balconies, but can see the ones below that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanx everyone.

We booked 6492 after extensive research.

It was the only aft cabin available on deck 6.

There were 4 other aft wraps available on 7 and 8 but no more aft cabins on 6, 7, 8 or 9 and this is about a year from our cruise.

Again thanx for all the advice.

Mike & vicki

We were in 6492. If we were going with another aft "wrap" (using that term loosely for Dream class ships), we'd go ONLY with deck 6. We were on deck 7 as well... not only was the cabin smaller (is that possible?!:eek:) but the balcony was a joke. When I'm in an aft corner cabin, I don't think that I should have to turn sideways to get around someone in a chair:

DECK 7:

DSC03225-L.jpg

Tom

Tom,

After reading all the reviews and looking at the pics it was a no-brainer.

This is our 10th wedding anniversary (got married on the Glory) and I will be retiring while on this cruise, plus we are going to the same ports we have gone to many times, so to shake it up a bit we spent a bit more to change our cabin type. We always, usually get a regular balcony.

Thanx again.

Mike & Vicki

We had 6492 and loved it. It was quiet back there.

MUCH quieter than a 3rd cruise we had on the Dream. We were in a deck 7 OS very near a hot tub around the ocean plaza area. That was anything but peaceful - especially on sea days (when we usually like to hang out on the balcony)! People in the hot tub basically had to shout to hear each other - and many walking along there would yell up to friends hanging out on their balconies! :eek:

DSC00203-M.jpg

DSC00209-M.jpg

We would never stay in a similar area again (suite or no suite)! For our Breeze sailing next month we opted for a spa balcony - much higher up!

Tom

We would never stay in a similar area again (suite or no suite)! For our Breeze sailing next month we opted for a spa balcony - much higher up!

Tom

Tom,

We'll be getting on Breeze as you are getting off. Be sure and leave her in good shape for us!

Tom,

We'll be getting on Breeze as you are getting off. Be sure and leave her in good shape for us!

Do I have to??? :eek:

I promise not to eat all the dry rub ribeyes in the Steakhouse! ;)

... or all the Guy's Burgers...;)

Or.... OK, sure - I'll make sure it gets back on time and no worse for wear! :D

Tom

Well, all bets are off after Paul is onboard. So, if there are problems - just remember, you heard it here first! ;) :D

Tom

He is already on the watch list...... Will have to contact carnival and put him on double secret probation. Going on the Legend next week staying in the vista suite on 4 based upon your advice. Also good advice about the dry rubbed ribeye....

Archived