Anyone tried BOTH Stingray Sailing & Nativeway?

beckyjohns

Can't compare, but can say that Stingray Sailing was awesome!! So friendly. Mario was at the pier waiting on us. After the stingrays, we went to a reef and he swam with us, taking us through the reef...AWESOME and booking again for May

I'll second Stingray Sailing as the one to go with. Did an excursion with them last February and it was the highlight of my entire cruise! The owner (I think his name is Chip/Chuck??) and his crew were great. Don't hesitate booking with them, as you are guarenteed a great experience. I'm planning on booking an excursion with them again in Sept. Can't wait to get my grandsons in the water with the stingrays!

I can also give a big tumbs up to Stingray Sailing: great communication, excellent on the day and the boat and crew wonderful.

We had a group of 8 on our day and had lots of time and contact with the stingrays -- almost a private sail day.

Just booked for out next cruise in March 2014 on the Magic and my first email was to book Stingray Sailings for our visit to Cayman.

I've done Stingray Sailing twice and Nativeways Rays, Reef and Rum Point sailing once. Both were great, very interactive and catamarans were comfy with shade! If I just wanted to do the stingrays and snorkel I'd go with Stingray Sailing and if I wanted to go to Rum Point I'd take Nativeway. Have a great time!

• 3 weeks later...
Looking at both these trips to stingray city and wondering if anyone can compare the two trips for me.

Went out with Stingray Sailing on March 12. Had an awesome time. They sent clear directions ahead of time with important info. Met up at the tender dock right where they said they would be. The transportation to the vessel was comfortable. They did not crowd the boat, were patient with customers and tried to make it a good day for all. Spent time on the sandbar with the rays and on a lovely reef snorkeling. Had a wonderful day and would recommend to friends.

Went out with Stingray Sailing on March 12. Had an awesome time. They sent clear directions ahead of time with important info. Met up at the tender dock right where they said they would be. The transportation to the vessel was comfortable. They did not crowd the boat, were patient with customers and tried to make it a good day for all. Spent time on the sandbar with the rays and on a lovely reef snorkeling. Had a wonderful day and would recommend to friends.

Would also like to know how to contact them for reservations & what the cost was? Thanks:)

I would really like to check out Stingray sailing. how do I contact them?

we will be there Feb 16 2014.

We just booked Stingray Sailing for our April cruise. Cost was $55/pp. I really debated between them and Nativeway. Reviews I've read are good for both companies. Their web address is http://www.stingraysailing.com. We had quick replies to all of questions and we are very much looking forward to this excursion.

• 7 months later...

Was in Cayman with Carnival Legend. Booked a tour directly with Stingray Sailing. Catamaran took us to Stingray City, snorkeling the reef, and dropped us off at Seven Mile Beach. Captain Chip is truly the "stingray whisperer". As soon as our boat pulled up to the sandbar, all the stingrays came to us. Chip knew the stingrays by name. Lol. He taught us about their anatomy, and showed us how to feed and handle them safely. Then Chip took us to a reef that was teeming with schools of colorful fish. It was truly an unforgettable lifetime experience. Strongly recommended. Thanks so much Chip!!!

Haven't done both, but highly recommend Stingray Sailing! We are booked with them in a few weeks for our 3rd time! They are a family run business - Chip sails and Michelle runs the office and reservations and occasionally sails with them. Great people!

Stingraysailing.com

It is $55 for adults and $40 for kids 12 & under.

It is an awesome day!

• 3 weeks later...

I have sailed with Stingray Sailing twice - 4 years ago and last week. Both were excellent excursions.

I THINK that I have also done the 'Stingray and Island' tour with Nativeways - 2 years ago. I'm not 100% sure of the company name, but what I read on the website sounds like what we did.

Comparing the stingray portion ... Stingray Sailing uses a catamaran. There is lots of room on the boat and it is a really relaxing day. On both our excursions with them, they put the sails up for the return portion of the trip. Our Nativeways (I think) trip out was on a powerboat/speedboat of some sort. Both excursions were very similar once you got in the water with the stingrays.

I, personally, much preferred the catamaran to the powerboat. I found it made for a more relaxing, peaceful excursion.

Just did Nativeway two weeks ago and it was awesome! We had Captain Chris, and he was just terrific. As luck would have it, just my husband & I were on the boat with Chris, and he made sure we spent appropriate time at Stingray City, the Coral Gardens, and then to see star fish. No rushing! We found him to be attentive, informative, and fun! One of the best days we've had on an excursion, without a doubt! So my vote goes to Nativeway!

Edited by NextOne

Stingray Sailing was wonderful during our trip earlier this month! We wanted a smaller excursion with personal service at a good price and we got it. Chip (a local) and Kevin knew that the sandbar at stingray city would be busy so they took us to snorkel at the reef first to avoid the crowds. We only had 8 people on our tour so the boat wasn't crowded. The max they take is 24 people and other boats had 50-60 people. They anchored in a great area close to the reef, fit us with gear and gave us pointers for the best snorkeling experience. One stayed on the boat and the other got in the water with us in case of an emergency. When we went over to stingray city they again positioned the boat in the best location and told us what to expect. I knew I would like it, but the stingrays were amazing and the care they took with them was impressive. They even assisted other members of our group that were afraid to get in the water with the stingrays swimming around. Since the stingrays were now crowding around us, they had to tell some visitors with another group sorry that the fish they had was for us to feed. We had plenty of time at both locations and a relaxing ride back on the trampoline at the front of the catamaran. They also gave us an outstanding recommendation for lunch. I would definitely recommend them!

We went with Nativeway this past spring and I wasn't super impressed.

First off, they were 45 min late leaving port. Bus that took us to the boat was seriously in horrible shape (my seat was broken and I wound up on the floor).

By the time we got to stingray city, it was packed and they couldn't find a spot to "park". So late getting back that that there was no time to stop at the beach.

Also, the onboard experience was a mess; they didn't have snorkels to fit smaller folks, and just threw all the snorkels/fins on the deck for people to scramble through.

Their photographer took tons of photos of us and promised we could buy them on the ride back...but then he never got back on the boat and went home with another group which was odd.

So, I'd probably go with another tour this time around!