June 2013, Princess Kenai Lodge activities?

libtrek

Will be staying at Princess Kenai Lodge around June 7-8. Am wondering what tours, fishing trips, etc. folks have done. Will book through Princess if we must but would rather do it on our own. Especially looking for fishing, although I think we are too early for salmon. Have already made decision of DIY/cruisetour for the trip. I've heard pros/cons of both and tour works better for us. Has anyone waited then just booked when they get to hotel?

Lib

The Kenai Princess is very beautiful but extremely isolated. It sits on a hillside several miles from the Sterling Hwy. Cooper Landing is the closest "town" and not walkable from the lodge so I don't think you have any option but a Princess excursion.

Try the Cooper Landing Chamber of Commerce web site to see if any vendors are willing to work with you. Perhaps they could meet you off property??

Yes, you're too early for the salmon run, by 2-3 weeks.

The Princess Kenai Lodge does not allow outside vendors of tours to pick up guests at their lodge. You have to figure out how to get off the property to get to an ourside vendor.

It is a beautiful location, but Princess has you and your $ all tied up.

Archived