Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

I was answering the question you asked. I never indicated it bothered me.

Since you pointed it out I assumed it bothered you. If I took it wrong my apologies. But FYI, I did not put that signature there, it's automatic. And it is put there by the app, not the phone, I could probably take it out, but honestly never thought about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they are actually being pretty fair on all of this.

That is $500 per passenger, not per cabin.

So people are getting a full refund, a free future cruise, and an additional $1000 for your trouble, plus they are covering your transportation.

I am looking at it as getting 3 free cruises for the cost of a few really bad days.

Of course my perspective could be a little off since I have an 18mo old in the house, so piles of poop and rivers of urine are normal.

I think they are being proactive and fair with the compensation to a certain extent

BUT...I dont think they are done yet

Poor poor poor choice of words. Come across almost unsympathetic if you ask me. Diminishes all they have been through.

"I look forward to welcoming everyone to Mobile tomorrow"

This is something I say to friends and family coming over for dinner. Or the cruise line would write about your first day on a ship. Not something for this situation.

I'm sure he's got some nice swanky suite at the nicest hotel in Mobile rather than 2.5 hours away by motorcoach.

Interesting.

I had envisioned one tug on each side of the ship, not one in front pulling and one in back helping to keep the aft staying in the right direction.

If I recall correctly (always questionable!:rolleyes:), that's how Splendor was towed home also. Tomorrow when she enters port, you'll see more tugs flanking the ship to guide it in.

Since you pointed it out I assumed it bothered you. If I took it wrong my apologies. But FYI, I did not put that signature there, it's automatic. And it is put there by the app, not the phone, I could probably take it out, but honestly never thought about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That wasnt you that had the commodore 64 on your siganture

The $500 won't even cover lost wages.

Do you really want to call what they've been on a "cruise?"

Why wouldn't they cover transportation? People would have had their own arrangements if Carnival didn't have a defective ship.

Well the minimum amount of lost work would be 3 days for the people that opt for the bus transportation. She was due in port on Monday, but planning on being at work is risky that day, so most were off. You could theoretically be in on Friday if its important enough to you.

So $500 for 3 days is the equivalent of $833 for a full week which would be over $1000 when you make the pre-tax equivalent. So they are compensating people at the equivalent of $105k/yr for a family of 2 people working.

Considering the average income in the Louisiana-Texas area, I would consider this to be fair for their lost wages.

For those that do not consider this adequate they can instead choose to refuse the amount and sue for damages(lost wages) although they would have to be at a fairly high income level to truly make it worth the effort.

Just thinking of this logically.

Remember they are not required to pay anything and more than likely there would be very little compensation in a law suit unless someone can show a real loss.

I'm sure he's got some nice swanky suite at the nicest hotel in Mobile rather than 2.5 hours away by motorcoach.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is not even staying in Mobile. Fly in, meet with pax and crew and then fly back to Miami that evening unless he is planning on doing some more detailed tours of the ship the next day or do some PR work.

Glad to hear arrangements have been made to give the crew a few days out of that mess of a ship. I would hope they get a couple of days off to rest, though. I guess their first order of business would be to clean up the crew area so they are able to return to their cabins to take care of the rest of the ship.

Tomorrow should be very interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My question is Why doesnt Carnival send a ship with more supplies for the passengers, and then that way people could use their cell phones, using the 2nd ship's cell tower???

Reason for thanking all of CC, I have been stuck in bed with a broken leg since last Saturday, started getting bored until I came across this thread, and I have learned alot! I did google a lot of stuff that was wriiten about, some were true, and some not so much. I did learn how the ignore buttom worked ( thankfully) One main poster seems to know everything about everything, and if someone say anything, they had a brother, relative and themselves happened to them,and they have worked in too many jobs, seems they can't hold down a regular job:eek:!

Thanks again, Linda

Hush money

Seriously. Carnival knows the conditions are bad. They are trying to limit their damages. People have lost a week's worth of wages and had to endure unsanitary conditions. I am sure this is to try and appease them

I would use the money to immediately buy clean socks and underpants!:D

One area that passengers on the Splendor had it "better" was that their fire occurred early in their 7 night cruise, so everyone probably had clean clothes for the week. Since the Triumph cruise was only 4 nights and the fire happened on the last scheduled day of the cruise, I would imagine that clean clothes are at a premium.

My question is Why doesnt Carnival send a ship with more supplies for the passengers, and then that way people could use their cell phones, using the 2nd ship's cell tower???

Reason for thanking all of CC, I have been stuck in bed with a broken leg since last Saturday, started getting bored until I came across this thread, and I have learned alot! I did google a lot of stuff that was wriiten about, some were true, and some not so much. I did learn how the ignore buttom worked ( thankfully) One main poster seems to know everything about everything, and if someone say anything, they had a brother, relative and themselves happened to them,and they have worked in too many jobs, seems they can't hold down a regular job:eek:!

Thanks again, Linda

ROFL!!! :p :D :p especially about the bolded part. This is true -- and even all that's found on line is not accurate, but too funny.

Hope you're healing well and feeling fine.

BTW ... what I really meant to say is good point about those supplies! I realize they don't have ships lying around, but they seem to be able to charter whatever else they need. I can only guess that it is bc they are doing everything they can to not STOP and just get here asap.

• Administrators
Are you actually talking to passengers on board?

Our editorial team contacted members who were talking to those on board the ship.

Well the minimum amount of lost work would be 3 days for the people that opt for the bus transportation. She was due in port on Monday, but planning on being at work is risky that day, so most were off. You could theoretically be in on Friday if its important enough to you.

I think you are being overly optimistic about the cluster that will be disembarkation and how long it will take them to get people home.

So $500 for 3 days is the equivalent of $833 for a full week which would be over $1000 when you make the pre-tax equivalent. So they are compensating people at the equivalent of $105k/yr for a family of 2 people working.

I see it as $500 for four days.

Considering the average income in the Louisiana-Texas area, I would consider this to be fair for their lost wages.

Why are you assuming that everyone is from that area? I don't know a single person in LA or TX who doesn't make at least a six figure income. I know one from each state who make seven figure incomes. (one is a commercial real estate developer and the other is a filmmaker)

For those that do not consider this adequate they can instead choose to refuse the amount and sue for damages(lost wages) although they would have to be at a fairly high income level to truly make it worth the effort.

Just thinking of this logically.

Remember they are not required to pay anything and more than likely there would be very little compensation in a law suit unless someone can show a real loss.

I think Carnival is creating a PR nightmare by not steeping up to the plate and really making this right for people instead of slapping a one-size-fits-all Band-Aid on it.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is not even staying in Mobile. Fly in, meet with pax and crew and then fly back to Miami that evening unless he is planning on doing some more detailed tours of the ship the next day or do some PR work.

I think he should sleep on a deck chair or in a hallway for a couple of nights.

So in your world all those reports are lies??? there have been multiple people reporting in this thread and in various news reports on texts/calls received from loved ones about conditions aboard. When you have multiple reports saying the same thing, that is credible.

Lie" / Lies" / Liar"; Seams to be a frequent accusation on many of your post's. Whats up wit dat?

ooooo weeee.

Just an observation and Opinion.

:rolleyes::eek:

Archived