Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

Four to five hours to disembark Triumph sounds correct for Mobile. Can move a little faster without dealing with customs but everyone carrying their bags will take a lot of time. I had one of the last zones when I was on Elation and it was about 2.5 hours from time to start to finish. That is not going to be a fun process. Mobile also has a long gangway. Just hope the tempers don't fly in that line. I could see some people getting very frustrated.

All of these photos must have been photoshopped!

The head of Carnival said all the public restrooms were working along with half the cabin restrooms. He and all the Carnival deniers said the reports of having to poop in bags was false. All the Diamond VIFP's and other Carnival worshipers said the media was sensationalizing everything and it wasn't as bad as people ON THE SHIP were saying. Now we are getting pictures and video. Funny how those deniers have gone quiet now huh?

What do you know, people on the ship actually know more than people NOT ON THE SHIP as far as what the conditions on the ship are. Go figure. That's a real head scratcher huh?

no sound at work so i cant listen the new press conference they have now :(

...about 7-10 hrs to get to the port

...about 4 hrs to disembark everyone

...special needs and children have priority

...thanks to coast guard and customs and border patrol for boarding the ship to help speed the disembarkation process.

...one passenger evacuated to mobile due to medical issues but VP has no details

...care team will be assigned to awaiting families as well

...passengers don't need to sign release form to take advantage of $500 compensation etc.

Still really bothering me that people are describing conditions are "deplorable" and "unbearable". Please people, these folks are on a cruise boat that is probably cleaner than most folks homes. Cold sandwiches and a few days without a shower do not constitute deplorable conditions. Go to Africa and watch a young child drink fecal infested water and sleeping on a dirt floor day in and day out. Now that is deplorable. To the OP that stated his wife was on board and hurt her back. I'm sorry that she got hurt, but if she slipped and fell on the ship and there were no other problems it would be a non issue. People slip and fall all the time on a cruise boat. The decks get wet when it rains or when they are cleaned. Sick of the media blowing this out of proportion....

You have GOT to be kidding?!? :eek: Pictures/Videos of sewage running down the walls. Floors turning black from the sewage. That is deplorable and unbearable!

from twitter:

Carnival Cruise Line ‏@CarnivalCruise

The debark process will be challenging given the limited # of elevators & power. The disembarkation process could take as long as 4-5 hrs

no sound at work so i cant listen the new press conference they have now :(

Getting off the Splendor after its fire took us almost the entire day... you've got 4,000 people with their luggage and no power, no working elevators, schlepping bags up or down flights of stairs. And of course everyone wants to be off first.

These poor people, even once the ship is in port, still have a long haul ahead of them :(

The head of Carnival said all the public restrooms were working along with half the cabin restrooms. He and all the Carnival deniers said the reports of having to poop in bags was false. All the Diamond VIFP's and other Carnival worshipers said the media was sensationalizing everything and it wasn't as bad as people ON THE SHIP were saying. Now we are getting pictures and video. Funny how those deniers have gone quiet now huh?

What do you know, people on the ship actually know more than people NOT ON THE SHIP as far as what the conditions on the ship are. Go figure. That's a real head scratcher huh?

Well said.

I doubt any of the Diamond VIFP's and other Carnival worshipers have the guts to come back and apologize to everyone they said was lieing, apologize to the passengers who they said were getting a great deal out of this disaster, and apologize to the posters who they said were overstating things. But I doubt they have the guts to do so

I'll say what I said a few days ago ... out of all the lack of empathy expressed on this thread, the charges of outright fabrication are the worst.

It was obvious that when multiple CC users post pax accounts saying the same thing, that they are credible.

If a person thinks that everything posted here is likely a fabrication then they are wasting their time on CC.

Getting off the Splendor after its fire took us almost the entire day... you've got 4,000 people with their luggage and no power, no working elevators, schlepping bags up or down flights of stairs. And of course everyone wants to be off first.

These poor people, even once the ship is in port, still have a long haul ahead of them :(

Wasnt that also during the day.

Im thinking it will take alot longer than they are anticipating

Very convenient for Carnival that most passengers will be disembarking in the middle of the night when most of the country is sleeping and not watching CNN.

Wasnt that also during the day light hours.

Im thinking it will take alot longer than they are anticipating

As I have mentioned this fear, I am glad to hear from Dr. Sanjay of CNN say with amount of fresh drinking water and hand washing and care... they still have been able to get enough needs met to stay relatively disease safe..the sanitary conditions while bad in some places and with horrible odor..he did not feel major disease ramifications for this amount of time with and without resources...and with some of the graces, food drops from other ships etc. that came along...Sarah

Listening to Ed Buck on CNN. He sounds like the way I would probably handle it. Dealing with it and making jokes. But he did make a point we were mentioning that the upper decks had it a lot better off than the lower decks. Gives me even more reason to do upper decks.

I think we will see this mix of people on board saying varying degrees of how bad it was. 3000 people with 3000 different stories. All of them just wanting to get the heck off that boat though! At least it sounds like the crew has been doing a good job. I hope Carnival treats them right and doesn't screw them.

I have not seen any photo of the ship listing 45 degrees. Have you? Some people tend to exaggerate the situation. While some of the passengers claims have been proved accurate, some are still in the realm of fantasy.

Archived