Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

Really sick and tired of the media blowing this out of proportion!!! Things happen occasionally in life and people need to deal with the fact that things dont always go as planned. Yes I'm sure ppl were scared for a while but the boat is not sinking and no one's life is in danger. So they haven't had a shower or a hot meal in a few days....BIG DEAL!! Go camping for a week....no shower or hot meals and you probably don't have a toilet either. These ppl are not starving or in any danger. Has our society gotten so soft that we cant stand a few days on a cruise ship without hot food or running water??? Get over it ppl and toughen up a bit. You would have never survived in our grandparents days during WWII.

They are describing it's NOT a straight shot to the port. They show land masses that must be avoided. Buoys are hard to see due to waves. The pilot is aboard. Anyway, there's much more to this ship rescue than any of us realize. What we see and how it needs to be done are two different things.

P.S. the girl and her dad are on deck 10 waving. She has a yellow jacket on.

The pilot has boarded the lead tug.

jesusmaryandjoseph :eek: did you hear what e just said? About how little wiggle room they have to not run aground and running aground would be disastrous?

The stress of that Pilot... he knows the channel, but that does not take away from the fact that he's steering it without power

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but this isn't the news story of the century and 299 million US peeps could probably care less about this story of haven't paid much attention to it. This isn't a national disaster' date=' the ship didn't sink, passengers haven't died. By Sunday all of this will be history and the only people who will give it a second thought are a few people who thrive in a world full of chaos and a couple of others who can't decide if they want to cruise.

Sure, those on CC are lapping up every moment. Biggest thing to happen on these threads for quite sometime....much more interesting than elegant night, or smuggling booze, or the endless debates on the same tired subjects.

Want to test my theory....who was the Republican that spoke after Obama gave his speech, what breed of dog won Westminster, what is the full name of the x-cop killed at what mountain resort. Who won the grammy for best song, in what state was the kid held hostage by the survivalist. What was the final total of snow for Boston last week, what are the names of the coaches at the Super Bowl, where are Kate and William vacationing? Have fun![/quote']

Then why are you here? Just to troll and be rude. We are crusiers. Some of us were scheduled on the Triumph and some other ships. go away

Really sick and tired of the media blowing this out of proportion!!! Things happen occasionally in life and people need to deal with the fact that things dont always go as planned. Yes I'm sure ppl were scared for a while but the boat is not sinking and no one's life is in danger. So they haven't had a shower or a hot meal in a few days....BIG DEAL!! Go camping for a week....no shower or hot meals and you probably don't have a toilet either. These ppl are not starving or in any danger. Has our society gotten so soft that we cant stand a few days on a cruise ship without hot food or running water??? Get over it ppl and toughen up a bit. You would have never survived in our grandparents days during WWII.

What's been blown out of proportion?

You are going to get blasted, I know, I was blasted and so was another poster.The part I would have problems with is the sewerage.

Archived