Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

I wanted to comment on that! Something tells me that Carnival will not be seeking monetary reimbursements for those who are leaving with the robes! Free souvenir.:rolleyes:

They would've had to trash them anyway. I may have worn it off, but I would never hang on to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

CNN had the interview with the ex Carnival employee. He said the crew makes about 17cents and hour and all there money comes from tips from the pax. Since Carnival picked up everyone's SS card....I hope the crew doesn't get hosed. That would be the real story the media needs to chase.

If that actually happens, I will be totally pissed.

Agreed. All the pax accounts I've heard praise the crew. They are heroes, and I hope CCL takes care of them very well.

according to cnn, carnival has asked people not to talk to press as they are leaving the ship and that a wavier is required for the buses

I know you're just stating what was said, but I don't believe it. Heck, people on the ship have been talking with the media for hours.

I don't think there is really provision at the piers to hook up power. It would have to be a very significant power hookup so they usually just depend on the keeping the generators on the ship running.

Cruise ships don't have the provision, either. They would have to get some big honking jumper cables.

CNN found some good ones

Yeh, the 2 whiny women who didn't think anyone knew where they were or what was going on???????? Real winners.

What rock did they crawl out from under? They never heard of GPS, satellite telephones,....?

I like the fella who's talking now--Rob Kenny--has a head on his shoulders and isn't biting at the interviewers trying to get him to whine.

I have to say that the two ladies CNN just interviewed who were complaining about everything.................looked pretty good to me for people who had just come off a situation like that...........

I have gotten off many International flights looking worse than them. :rolleyes:

My friend Nancy who is still onboard is still claiming she was told by crew of a death in the engine room fire..........I guess we will find out. I have no other info..........

Archived