Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

Plus.......Not to mention what NO ONE has mentioned....Luggage.

It would be left behind. I'm sure the passengers would not have been happy with that.

billd

I would have packed it, and left it.

"Deliver it HERE when the ship makes port".

I would have packed it, and left it.

"Deliver it HERE when the ship makes port".

don't think you'd need it after you took that swan dive off the promenade deck and tried to swim across 100 yards of open gulf in six foot swells. and i'm sure i wouldn't bother to rescue your dumb arse if I was on the other ship. (and this is based on earlier posts you made about NOBODY keeping YOUR precious bod on their stalled in the water ship.

don't think you'd need it after you took that swan dive off the promenade deck and tried to swim across 100 yards of open gulf in six foot swells. and i'm sure i wouldn't bother to rescue your dumb arse if I was on the other ship. (and this is based on earlier posts you made about NOBODY keeping YOUR precious bod on their stalled in the water ship.

You forget I said I would make that trek naked. Therefore, I would have had MANY sighted people offering me all kinds of articles of clothing, gratis.

Just watched this little video from someone who was on board the Triumph.

Thanks for sharing this. You can tell that these ppl seemed to make the best of it that they could. The media wouldn't like this video as much because it is far less sensational.

I have read a bunch of posts, viewed pictures and watched the news...I think that with 3000+ passengers the experiences are going to vary so much. Some people's cabins and some public spaces had raw sewage problems. Some people experienced the worst of the worst, undoubtably. And those people will be the most vocal and most featured on the news. The news doesn't want to share stories of ppl who are like, this sucked but we made do and the crew was great, etc. Stories like that don't sell ad time or newspapers.

The people saying they should have evacuated them to another ship while in the middle of the gulf would be the same people screaming about why they would do something so dangerous if they did do that and someone ended up dying or getting seriously injured.

The woman who already filed a suit... That just drives me nuts. What are your priorities in life when within less the 12 hours of being home, you run to a lawyer? When asked what the client was suing for the lawyer said "its too early to put any type of number on it". The woman is just hate-able.

a couple of questions.

some news sources reported that the ship was a giant petri (sp) dish and that thousands of passengers were probably sick and that a disease epidemic was probably spreading through the ship faster than the fire would have.

personally i haven't heard any of the returning passengers talking about disease or even about seasickness (even though they were listing 45 degrees as reported by an onboard passenger). people were damn uncomfortable but no one is reporting medical issues that went untreated, or people getting physically sick from a lack of air conditioning and no one was immediately evacuated to a hospital once back on shore that I heard about. where are all these disease ridden medically compromised individuals who waded in filth up to their knees and were denied even bread and water. Anyone?

ETA: does the Triumph have mini-bars in its cabins?

a couple of questions.

some news sources reported that the ship was a giant petri (sp) dish and that thousands of passengers were probably sick and that a disease epidemic was probably spreading through the ship faster than the fire would have.

personally i haven't heard any of the returning passengers talking about disease or even about seasickness (even though they were listing 45 degrees as reported by an onboard passenger). people were damn uncomfortable but no one is reporting medical issues that went untreated, or people getting physically sick from a lack of air conditioning and no one was immediately evacuated to a hospital once back on shore that I heard about. where are all these disease ridden medically compromised individuals who waded in filth up to their knees and were denied even bread and water. Anyone?

Not yet, but even the 9/11 workers didn't have symptoms on September 13th and that was a LOT worse.

Yet, how often are we told to close the toilet lid in our own homes before we flush so that our toothbrushes don't get infected.

And minibars are only in Cat. 11 and higher.

Not yet, but even the 9/11 workers didn't have symptoms on September 13th and that was a LOT worse.

Yet, how often are we told to close the toilet lid in our own homes before we flush so that our toothbrushes don't get infected.

And minibars are only in Cat. 11 and higher.

and i can remember when baby bottles had to be sterilized in boiling water for 10 minutes, and we had to wash our clothes in scalding hot water. can't even imagine what is on people's carpets at home who have pets and small kids sharing the same yard space. and i won't touch the 9-11 comparison, that isn't even apples to oranges more like fruit trees to mine shafts.

and i can remember when baby bottles had to be sterilized in boiling water for 10 minutes, and we had to wash our clothes in scalding hot water. can't even imagine what is on people's carpets at home who have pets and small kids sharing the same yard space. and i won't touch the 9-11 comparison, that isn't even apples to oranges more like fruit trees to mine shafts.

So you think a returning Triumph passenger should exhibit signs of something 2 days later and sooner than a 9/11 worker?

Not sure about all the other strawman stuff you listed. :rolleyes:

So you think a returning Triumph passenger should exhibit signs of something 2 days later and sooner than a 9/11 worker?

Normal incubation is 48-72 hrs

The people saying they should have evacuated them to another ship while in the middle of the gulf would be the same people screaming about why they would do something so dangerous if they did do that and someone ended up dying or getting seriously injured.

The woman who already filed a suit... That just drives me nuts. What are your priorities in life when within less the 12 hours of being home, you run to a lawyer? When asked what the client was suing for the lawyer said "its too early to put any type of number on it". The woman is just hate-able.

You're judging someone without walking in their shoes...maybe even sewage covered shoes. Just sayin'...

Some who sailed are going to get sick in the next few days. No ventilation and unsanitary conditions, that is going to happen.

Some who sailed are going to get sick in the next few days. No ventilation and unsanitary conditions, that is going to happen.

Have you heard of even one single case where this happened to someone on the Carnival Splendor two years ago when the same thing happened with a fire and a total loss of power and toilet services? I never did.

Even Doctor Gupta on CNN said that he really doubted people on the Triumph were going to end up getting sick from the sewage.

Have you heard of even one single case where this happened to someone on the Carnival Splendor two years ago when the same thing happened with a fire and a total loss of power and toilet services? I never did.

I don't remember stories of sewage and non working toilets.

Archived