Lattitude's Priority-Check In

Cruisenmike711

Hi Everyone! We're considering booking the Norwegian Breakaway for the inaugural cruise this coming May. I'm looking at a Spa Balcony room. I was checking my Latitudes Rewards and we are at the Bronze level. It says Priority-Check in and I was wondering what this means? We sailed on the Star last August in an Owner's Suite--is the check-in similar? More curious than anything :) Thanks!

Latitudes lines are frequently as long or longer than first time guest check in. However, for us, all the lines have moved very quickly. Usually, there is an expediter that will direct you to what ever the next quickest line will be, regardless of your check in status. So bottom line, latitude check in really doesn't mean much.

Usually embarking in NYC has not been too bad for us. Now we do suites which obviously you get on right away as you have experienced. Before we when we were not in a suite we found the Latitudes line was usually longer then the regular line, so I think as other posters have said and to answer your question, no latitudes embarkation is not comparable to suite/VIP check in.

Unless Platinum is different and you are Platinum, someone else may be able to answer that?

In terms of the Breakaway, we are hoping to go on the Breakaway after our upcoming cruise on the Jewel out of NYC. I am preparing myself that overall I am sure it will be more chaotic and crowded boarding and disembarking in the NYC port. There are so many more people and the NYC port is still having some challenges from the after effects of Sandy.

I've embarked NCL in NYC only. The longest line I've found is the security check, and gold/vip/platinum/suites can bypass that one to usually a very short or no line!

The Latitudes priority check-in should not be listed as a perk IMO until you're gold. We don't usually find the Latitudes line to be that much shorter.

Archived