Epic enclosed balcony question

cole'snana

Yes, IMO it makes a huge difference. You need to look at sdmike's great info on those "hull" balconies - there is even a picture of that particular balcony from the outside. Then you can decide if you would be satisfied with that, or would like a "regular" balcony ;)

Here's a link to that thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1522322

If it is a hull balcony versus an inside or oceanview, does it really matter? I guess I don't understand why the adversity to hull balconies. If the cost is an issue, isn't it better than the aforementioned cabins?

At least there is a disclosure, I remember there were some cabins on Celebrity that their balcony glasses were shaded by the big X and you can't see through them (more like looking into a mirror). These steel balconies are similar to me.

We were on the Epic over Christmas in cabin 10009. I HATED the enclosed or hull balcony. When we booked they did not disclose that this is what we had booked. We actually had booked 6 cabins in a row, 5 of which are these type. NCL ended up giving each cabin a $50 OBC to make up for not informing us about the type of balcony. I am glad to hear that they are not informing guests. The pro is that the balcony is huge. Way bigger than we expected or had experienced on the Pearl. However, not being able to sit on my balcony and actually see the water was a real disappointment to me.

*note, although we were very disappointed with the type of balcony, we had the BEST ever room steward ever. A big shout out to Connie who was terrific.

If it is a hull balcony versus an inside or oceanview, does it really matter? I guess I don't understand why the adversity to hull balconies. If the cost is an issue, isn't it better than the aforementioned cabins?

I had a "hull" balcony on another ship. Basically, it means that you can't sit on your balcony and see the sea... which you can do with the transparent balconies.

If this is not that important to you then don't worry about it.

Archived