Mercury Magrodome -- what is it?

Xoe

I've booked 4 staterooms for a "last hurrah" family gathering for elderly frail parents in their 90's, 5-day R/T Seattle, end of Alaska season, Oct. 3: 2 Sky Suites and 2 verandah rooms on Sky Deck near rear elevators. We need adjacent cabins, with at least one large one for the elders.

QUESTION: What is the Magrodome? Our rooms, 1233, 1237, 1240 & 1241, are near that, and I want to be certain it's not noisy, or outdoors and therefore possibly cold in the passage from the rooms to the elevators.

Can you help? Any other input as to this location? I've never been on the Mercury, but it seemed a good location for viewing on inside passage, and near elevators for a straight shot down to dining room & cafe; our only long walk would be to the theater --right?

You've chosen wisely. Excellent selections for cabins. You are correct about the dining room and cafe.

The Magrodome is in fact the glass roof of the indoor Palms Spring pool located on Deck 11, just outside the Palms Spring cafe.

My only concern about your location is that the basketball courts are located around the Magrodome, so you may hear that ball bouncing (but then again, maybe not, since it could be quite cold outside in that neck of the woods and, therefore, not condusive to any outdoor sports).:)

Hope you have a wonderful time!

The Magrodome is in fact the glass roof of the indoor Palms Spring pool located on Deck 11, just outside the Palms Spring cafe.

And if I remember correctly, a retractable roof as well.

You've chosen wisely. Excellent selections for cabins. You are correct about the dining room and cafe.

My only concern about your location is that the basketball courts are located around the Magrodome, so you may hear that ball bouncing (but then again, maybe not, since it could be quite cold outside in that neck of the woods and, therefore, not condusive to any outdoor sports).:)

Hope you have a wonderful time!

I don't think there will be many kids on Mercury in October so it will be quiet.

I really appreciate your information. As it happens, that location was the only one that looked workable for the elders, who need the shortest possible walk to elevators for vertical travel to eating venues, and we needed staterooms clustered together, and we wanted spacious quarters for them.

Who knows, maybe the "younger" guys would get out there & shoot baskets! (Younger is a relative term these days.)

Xoe, it's a good location where you are, being straight down the escalators to the Palm Springs area and a few more floors down to the restaurant. You have chosen wisely in my opinion. The best spot on the ship for eating and having a drink during the day is outside the Palm Springs pool area for a great view of the wake:cool:

Phil

Archived