Feelings on booking another Carnival cruise.

saturnsc

Are you beginning to feel hesitant to book another Carnival Cruise?  

915 members have voted

1. 1. Are you beginning to feel hesitant to book another Carnival Cruise?

• Yes
    • No

There may be a small initial impact but not enough to cause long term effects.

Just like with the Splendor fire, most people will forget this incident with the Triumph after a few months and it will be business as usual for Carnival.

With that said, there will be a number of people that used to be loyal to Carnival that will "jump ship" when they are forced to look at other cruise lines for their upcoming vacation. There was a time when Carnival reigned supreme in the Houston area, but now, with Princess, Disney, NCL and Royal Caribbean all sailing from either Galveston or Houston, customers have many more options. The Triumph incident may be that "push" that some may need to expand their horizons.

[quote name='srlafleur']We'll still be cruising Carnival in October. We're not particularly loyal to any one line and we will continue to book whatever line has the itinerary we want for a price we want to pay.[/QUOTE]

The same with me. We are going on July and I particularly don't care about the cruise line, I care about the itinerary. Of course that I worry, but I'll go anyway.

"Carnival has a notably worse safety record than any other cruise companie."

This quote is directly from

CARNIVAL CORPORATION STRATEGY REPORT

[url]http://economics-files.pomona.edu/jl...s/Carnival.pdf[/url]

In order to mitigate the PR losses from the accident, we suggest that Carnival move to offer generous, confidential settlements to many of the passengers – or pay off its insurers to do so.

[quote name='PurpleDog']Let's not forget that CCL has had [in the last 30 months] 2 fires in engine rooms, rendering 2 ships filled with passengers dead in the water with only backup power.[/quote]
24 ships X 30 months is thousands of cruises. Yes 2 incidents is 1 or 2 too many for those directly affected but millions have cruised Carnival without incident.
Carnival will have short-term trouble attracting new cruisers whenever bad publicity occurs. The bigger concern here is if the engine fires continue because of poor maintenance or a "band-aid" approach to serious issues.

Carnival is the only line I've cruised, and I will continue with them! Was on the Triumph in November and it was one of my best cruises ever. I leave on the Magic this Sunday. The fire on the Triumph was unfortunate, but things happen! I'm hoping the price of cruises on the Triumph go down when they're back at sea, because I intend to cruise on her again.

Just like after the Costa Concordia sank, people were all hysterical about never cruising again, but in the long run I don't think it made any difference, despite people dying on there.

Let's not forget that CCL has had [in the last 30 months] 2 fires in engine rooms, rendering 2 ships filled with passengers dead in the water with only backup power.

Let's not forget that Splendor was originally a Costa ship. That unlike Splendor, the fire suppression system worked. That the Splendor had a generator explode where there was no explosion on Triumph.

Carnival is required to provide a timely disclosure of estimated financial impact. It will be minimal.

Remember all the problems NCL had with its all American staff on their Hawaian sailings? It caused a dip in bookings for awhile on the ship with the problem. But bookings were made on other ships in the fleet.

Same thing will happen here. This time it is Carnivale and one of their ships but it can happen on any line and any ship.

MARAPRINCE

Carnival is required to provide a timely disclosure of estimated financial impact. It will be minimal.

Thank you!

Your statement confirms that you are an employee of Carnival.

To absolutely declare that the impact will be "minimal" implies inside information that no one could know except a carnival employee at the highest level!

Thank you!

To absolutely declare that the impact will be "minimal" implies inside information that no one could know except a carnival employee at the highest level!

Only to the extent that the cheerleaders are employees of the NFL.

As of now, other ships are filling up fast due to all of the cancelled cruises. And the only compensation anyone is really getting is toward future Carnival cruises, where even though the cruise is discounted or free, people will still spend money onboard. Also, the near full ships will keep prices up, so I think Carnival will have no problem keeping their ships full.

I agree but I do think they will lose quite a few longterm carnival cruisers who have had enough. This won't matter to them as they will just replace them with new cruisers as long as their prices are the cheapest of all the cruise lines.

Thank you!

I don't know. The Concordia incident made a small blip on their annual profit last year, and in that incident the ship sank and people died. This may make a short term impact on bookings, but I'd be surprised if it's a significant long-term effect.

And no, I don't work for Carnival.

After reading about the other ships that had problems this month. Not to mention the one that hit the pier last week. I am quite worried.

We have always been true to Carnival. I will see when we go on the ship on Sunday to see if the cutbacks are happening.

To me what is sad is remembering what happened at the Super Dome after Katrina. The triumph is beginning to sound like that all over. There are many questions to why they did not have another ship to pick the passengers up. I think it could be with the safety of transferring them to another ship.

But for the conditions they are enduring it is not healthy for the passengers. The passengers that are hoarding the food shame on them. But to have to relieve yourselves in buckets is just unacceptable. Its seems there could have been a better solution

I am going to go on my cruise to have a wonderful time. I will have an open mind about everything. I am not going to judge until it effects me.

We came to Carnival because it was more fun then NCL. We will continue with them if all goes well with our cruise.

Let's not forget that Splendor was originally a Costa ship. That unlike Splendor, the fire suppression system worked. That the Splendor had a generator explode where there was no explosion on Triumph.

Do you even believe what you say? Do you sleep in your carnival pajamas at night with the little footies. I like your post because they are so funny and unrealistic. Thanks for laughs.

Remember all the problems NCL had with its all American staff on their Hawaian sailings? It caused a dip in bookings for awhile on the ship with the problem. But bookings were made on other ships in the fleet.

I remember when NCL had a boiler explosion that killed people. No injuries or deaths on Triumph.

They will take a big financial hit just refunding everything, future cruise credits, repair of the ship, etc. There will be a number of first time people who will second guess going or decide right off the bat not to go. But believe me they will still fill their ships - they may have to retire the Triumph as people will steer clear of it for a while or may never sail it again. We are doing an AI in March not because we don't want to cruise but the airfare ($1000 each) is a killer. We are doing 4 star AI for less than just our airfare so this won over

Archived