ALLURE Vs OASIS

NJEMT29

i am trying to find out if the is any differance between the 2 ships other than one leaves on a saturday and the other leaves on a sunday. my wife wants to sail on the oasis because of all the hype of the oasis and the show on the discovery channel i want to cruise from sunday to sunday any help would be great we are new to rcl

i am trying to find out if the is any differance between the 2 ships other than one leaves on a saturday and the other leaves on a sunday. my wife wants to sail on the oasis because of all the hype of the oasis and the show on the discovery channel i want to cruise from sunday to sunday any help would be great we are new to rcl

Pretty much identical in construction. But, the Allure is 5 cm longer.:rolleyes:

The Allure is also newer.

The entertainment is different, and themes of restaurants are also different.

Allure has a Guess store in the Royal Promenade. Oasis does not. Oasis has Solarium Bistro specialty dinner restaurant, Allure has Samba Grill Brazilian Steakhouse specialty dinner restaurant. Both have Solarium Bistro free breakfast and lunch options.

Allure has a much better placement of power outlets in the staterooms.

Nailed it.

I don't know where the electrical enginers minds were when they designated electrical outlet locations. Not to mention ownership should have caught that failure, along with the ship builders. Glad they fixed it on Allure though.

I am on Oasis in a few weeks, so I better prepare my knees for plugging in Ipads and phone chargers. I still love her enough to sail on her though.

Nailed it.

I don't know where the electrical enginers minds were when they designated electrical outlet locations. Not to mention ownership should have caught that failure, along with the ship builders. Glad they fixed it on Allure though.

I am on Oasis in a few weeks, so I better prepare my knees for plugging in Ipads and phone chargers. I still love her enough to sail on her though.

I always bring a power strip and extension cord, so did not have issues on

Oasis.

That's what I thought....thanks for the confirmation! I am looking forward to seeing Chicago onboard in October (unless they change it?)

Nope it will definitely be Chicago on Allure, I don't think they will be changing the show at all, but we will have to see.

• 1 month later...

On our sailing a few weeks ago our stateroom attendant advised they recently installed outlets on the desks like Allure. There also was not an ipod dock with clock like Allure. They really bothered us since we got so used to it on Allure.

The car in the Promenade is a also a bit different to. The car on Allure is red and Oasis its grey. My wife actually noticed when you press a button on the elevator it beeps twice, but on Allure only once. lol

On our sailing a few weeks ago our stateroom attendant advised they recently installed outlets on the desks like Allure. There also was not an ipod dock with clock like Allure. They really bothered us since we got so used to it on Allure.

The car in the Promenade is a also a bit different to. The car on Allure is red and Oasis its grey. My wife actually noticed when you press a button on the elevator it beeps twice, but on Allure only once. lol

Two beeps or rings indicates an elevator is going down. One beep means it is going up. Learned that during trivia on the Caribbean Princess a few years ago.

Two beeps or rings indicates an elevator is going down. One beep means it is going up. Learned that during trivia on the Caribbean Princess a few years ago.

No way..i think your right..ill have to pay more attention to that!

Allure also has the Boardwalk Dog House, and Oasis does not.

Oh no! love the Boardwalk Dog House - one of our very favorites!! and also Samba Grill - however, since we are going on the Liberty Mar 1, the sailing on Oasis makes it just right for us to get off and go straight onto the Liberty for a B2b on her - darn... will miss those hotdogs!!ha!ha!

We enjoyed Chicago, but will look forward to Hairspray if it's still playing next Spring...

carol

They grey car on the Oasis has 2 huge teddy bears as passengers. :)

Oh no! love the Boardwalk Dog House - one of our very favorites!! and also Samba Grill - however, since we are going on the Liberty Mar 1, the sailing on Oasis makes it just right for us to get off and go straight onto the Liberty for a B2b on her - darn... will miss those hotdogs!!ha!ha!

We enjoyed Chicago, but will look forward to Hairspray if it's still playing next Spring...

carol

On Oasis on sea days they set up this sandwich station on front of the Dount Shop with Philly cheesesteaks, chicken sandwiches, and shrimp ones.

On Oasis on sea days they set up this sandwich station on front of the Dount Shop with Philly cheesesteaks, chicken sandwiches, and shrimp ones.

well yay - thanx for that info- we love all those kinds of sandwiches - are they better than the ones in the promenade café? I don't care for those - carol

They grey car on the Oasis has 2 huge teddy bears as passengers. :)

and you climbed right in and settled inbetween them?!!!! at least gave them hugs!! ha!ha! I didn't get to go on that bar that goes up and down - I'll have to do that for sure on the Oasis... carol

If you are wanting a Sunday to Sunday sailing that means going on the Allure. The ships are basically identical and many of the other posters have mentioned the main differences between the ships show and venue wise.

Archived