ALLURE Vs OASIS

NJEMT29

On our sailing a few weeks ago our stateroom attendant advised they recently installed outlets on the desks like Allure. There also was not an ipod dock with clock like Allure. They really bothered us since we got so used to it on Allure.

The car in the Promenade is a also a bit different to. The car on Allure is red and Oasis its grey. My wife actually noticed when you press a button on the elevator it beeps twice, but on Allure only once. lol

your screen name is interesting - if I am correct, I know what kamusta means - and Kamusta to you too pare...

carol

As someone else posted - the Allure is bigger. So you always have the bragging rights to say you have been on the biggest cruise ship in the world! Yeah, I'd go with that :D

2" is 2" -- definitely BIGGER !!!

carol

well yay - thanx for that info- we love all those kinds of sandwiches - are they better than the ones in the promenade café? I don't care for those - carol

Yes they are better and free. They are put together on the spot, except the shrimp ones. That was pre-made already. It was a nice snack before the Belly Flop contest.

Yes they are better and free. They are put together on the spot, except the shrimp ones. That was pre-made already. It was a nice snack before the Belly Flop contest.

are they available all day? or certain times? just like the donuts in that area in the morning on the Allure - hubby will surely go for the philly cheesesteak sandwiches..

What we loved about the CL on the Allure is the lunch - you can sit there, order your lunch, drink and enjoy!

carol

I'm from Philly, do they actually taste like a real Philly cheese steak? It's really impossible, unless they have the rolls flown in every day. You also need the right kind of rib eye steak, cut super thin. We are booked on the Oasis on the 11-2-13 sailing so we can taste them and advise on our review. Many have tried to no avail, lol. Has any Philly residents tried them on prior cruise's It would be interesting to find out. There really is no steak sandwich that compares.

I'm from Philly, do they actually taste like a real Philly cheese steak? It's really impossible, unless they have the rolls flown in every day. You also need the right kind of rib eye steak, cut super thin. We are booked on the Oasis on the 11-2-13 sailing so we can taste them and advise on our review. Many have tried to no avail, lol. Has any Philly residents tried them on prior cruise's It would be interesting to find out. There really is no steak sandwich that compares.

If you are from Philly then I wouldn't try one on ANY ship.

[quote name='corkey'][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]your screen name is interesting - if I am correct, I know what kamusta means - and Kamusta to you too pare... [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff]carol[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I can't believe this Filipino missed that one!

[quote name='rykaydad']I can't believe this Filipino missed that one![/quote]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]Hiya - always nice to get to know each other - may run into each other on a cruise - hey, we might even have our own thread-- ha! ha! [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff]Anyway, Allure vs Oasis - both good!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff]on a ship - on vacation - being served--[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff]what more can I say -!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff]Carol[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='JAYRAY1259']I'm from Philly, do they actually taste like a real Philly cheese steak? It's really impossible, unless they have the rolls flown in every day. You also need the right kind of rib eye steak, cut super thin. We are booked on the Oasis on the 11-2-13 sailing so we can taste them and advise on our review. Many have tried to no avail, lol. Has any Philly residents tried them on prior cruise's It would be interesting to find out. There really is no steak sandwich that compares.[/quote]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]You are correct... we have Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches here in CA, even tho' they fly in the amorosa (?) rolls, still not as good as buying them in Philly -- we have relatives there and we go there #1 for the Philly Steaks and #2 for them!!ha!ha! and we make sure we get our fill when we are at Geno's or Pat's or anywhere else... once our niece bought us a philly cheese steak pizza and it was super good too - [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff]WE have also had them flown in by our relatives - plus of course when they visit us here in CA, they bring as much as they can for us...[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff]carol[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Yorkvillain']If you are from Philly then I wouldn't try one on ANY ship.[/QUOTE]
You are absolutely right about that, I wonder though, could the cheese steaks be any worse than that cardboard pizza at Sorrento's? I hope they don't bill that as "New York Pizza!"

Archived