Tampa parking

sdear

We have only cruised out of tampa once, and used the valet service which was slightly pricey.

Can anyone share other parking options? I also thought I read somewhere there is a pre paid valet parking you can do online but cant seem to find it.

Thanks for any info.

We have only cruised out of tampa once, and used the valet service which was slightly pricey.

Can anyone share other parking options? I also thought I read somewhere there is a pre paid valet parking you can do online but cant seem to find it.

Thanks for any info.

We have the same question. Looking for an inexpensive place to park that will promptly drive us to the port. Thanks for answering.

Bump :d

Well, sdear, it looks like it's just you and me asking the question. DH went online yesterday, he compared and looked at reviews for Capital, Premier and 241. He also looked at the pictures of the 3 parking lots on Google Earth.

There is not much indication that these lots have "any" security. We have pretty much decided to park in the garage at the Port of Tampa although yes, like you, I find it quite pricey but at least the car will be safe. There doesn't seem to be any shuttle, just the valet service which means we still have to walk when we get off the ship, or does it?

Please let us know your thoughts and what you decide.:)

Well, sdear, it looks like it's just you and me asking the question. DH went online yesterday, he compared and looked at reviews for Capital, Premier and 241. He also looked at the pictures of the 3 parking lots on Google Earth.

There is not much indication that these lots have "any" security. We have pretty much decided to park in the garage at the Port of Tampa although yes, like you, I find it quite pricey but at least the car will be safe. There doesn't seem to be any shuttle, just the valet service which means we still have to walk when we get off the ship, or does it?

Please let us know your thoughts and what you decide.:)

Well....I dont want to use any off site parking without some very good reviews. We used our first off site in FLL in September, and it was as good as the reviews...but I dont just get the same feel for Tampa .

We have cruised out of Tampa once, and used the port valet parking. It was pricey, but the service was outstanding, so we are just going to do the same next month and not worry about .

When we sailed out of Tampa, they took the vehicle right in front of the door, and our vehicle was literally almost in the same place as soon as we got off the ship. It was very easy. Not sure exactly where they took the vehicles, as it looked like they parked them until everyone was boarded, then once boarded they drove them to another lot and brought them back to the "close" lot once your ship is back. When you get off the ship and hand them the ticket, your vehicle is brought to you . Now..we drive my husbands truck up to Tampa...so we dont care if someone drives that lol..so some dont like drivers in their vehicle.

Here is the link if you want to pay in advance :

https://tickets.completeticketsolutions.com/PARK/Online/default.asp

Have a great cruise !

Sue

Well....I dont want to use any off site parking without some very good reviews. We used our first off site in FLL in September, and it was as good as the reviews...but I dont just get the same feel for Tampa .

We have cruised out of Tampa once, and used the port valet parking. It was pricey, but the service was outstanding, so we are just going to do the same next month and not worry about .

When we sailed out of Tampa, they took the vehicle right in front of the door, and our vehicle was literally almost in the same place as soon as we got off the ship. It was very easy. Not sure exactly where they took the vehicles, as it looked like they parked them until everyone was boarded, then once boarded they drove them to another lot and brought them back to the "close" lot once your ship is back. When you get off the ship and hand them the ticket, your vehicle is brought to you . Now..we drive my husbands truck up to Tampa...so we dont care if someone drives that lol..so some dont like drivers in their vehicle.

Here is the link if you want to pay in advance :

https://tickets.completeticketsolutions.com/PARK/Online/default.asp

Have a great cruise !

Sue

Thanks Sue,

! just went to the link you posted and checked the prices: $60 for self and $80 for valet. It's pricey but might be worth it. I suppose you have to tip the valet a couple of bucks to and from also. I will let the DH decide since he is the one that would be doing the walking. I'll bet he chooses the valet parking.

You have a wonderful cruise too!

Josette

One comment on the "valet vs self-park" - the walk if you selfpark is minimal if you're on Carnival. The garage is literally right across the road from the terminal. You drive through by the terminal (same spot as valet), drop your luggage with the porters, and any passengers get out if they so choose. Driver takes the car to the garage & makes the very short stroll back.

It's personal preference, I guess. For me, I'll walk a couple hundred yards for $20 every time. My folks have mobility issues; for them, they pay the extra $20.

One comment on the "valet vs self-park" - the walk if you selfpark is minimal if you're on Carnival. The garage is literally right across the road from the terminal. You drive through by the terminal (same spot as valet), drop your luggage with the porters, and any passengers get out if they so choose. Driver takes the car to the garage & makes the very short stroll back.

It's personal preference, I guess. For me, I'll walk a couple hundred yards for $20 every time. My folks have mobility issues; for them, they pay the extra $20.

Thank you SeaPA1. Appreciate the comment about the very short walk.

Yes..I would walk for Carnival. I do recall RCI was down a ways from the garage . We decided we are just going to do the valet..it was perfect last time.

I did some searches on the other garages around that advertise half the price and found some bad reviews, so for the money, worth it to stick with what I know lol.

We had such a great experience with Park N Go in FLL, figured i would try to find something similar in Tampa but no such luck !

Thanks for all the info :)

I found a link to one of the off-site parking lots, that I had saved months ago. I just went back to their website and find that they won't take you to the port before 11:30 am. Since we booked FTTF on Carnival I want to get to the port earlier (between 10 and 11). Just something to think about when you are looking at off-site parking.

Capital is awesome: here's a thread with more info

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1637845

Well thank you for that info. After reading that thread, I think we may give them a try. Almost 60.00 savings...that's an extra night at Chops ! :)

Seems like all the reviews are good, and you didnt wait long to be picked up.

Going to give them a try...thanks !!

• 3 weeks later...
Well thank you for that info. After reading that thread, I think we may give them a try. Almost 60.00 savings...that's an extra night at Chops ! :)

Seems like all the reviews are good, and you didnt wait long to be picked up.

Going to give them a try...thanks !!

Sdear, hope it's not too late to let you know about our great parking experience with Capital, since you are leaving in a couple of days.

Everything went great. We hired a porter to get us out of Customs and he walked us to the stop where Capital picks up. Since we had no clue where it's at and it's a little ways (about a block away, across the street, behind the port parking). We called Capital and Ricky, the driver answered from his cell and was there within a couple of minutes to collect us and drop us off at the lot.

What coupon did you use and is it still valid? :)

We used the coupon code "cruise4". I don't know if it's still valid but if you do a fake booking, you'll know.

Sdear, hope it's not too late to let you know about our great parking experience with Capital, since you are leaving in a couple of days.

Everything went great. We hired a porter to get us out of Customs and he walked us to the stop where Capital picks up. Since we had no clue where it's at and it's a little ways (about a block away, across the street, behind the port parking). We called Capital and Ricky, the driver answered from his cell and was there within a couple of minutes to collect us and drop us off at the lot.

We used the coupon code "cruise4". I don't know if it's still valid but if you do a fake booking, you'll know.

Thanks for the info...that sure helps.

And good to know they won't shuttle until 11am. I am always one of these that has to be the first at the port lol. Getting very excited !

Glad your parking experience went well.

Archived