beach villas at half moon cay

crazcruiser33

has anyone rented one yet? I have one booked in may and am wondering which one is best. Also when we were there last year we were told that they had carts that would take you from the tender area to your villa but we never saw any. I have an elderly person that can not walk well and will not get off the boat unless she can be taken to the villa.

If you read down the board, there are MANY threads about the cabanas and larger cabanas. You will see none of the new larger cabanas are close to the paved path. The transport is a truck with a steep climb into a bench seat. So, not particularly accessible.

The very first standard cabana is the only one considered accessible.

The large cabanas are very new - literally coming available right now. No comments on them yet.

The only caution I have for you is to make sure the person with mobility issues can walk a short distance as they will have to walk on the tender. We traveled with a person that had a very hard time just walking on the tender because of the movement. I thought she was going to turn around and go back several times. The above poster makes a good point. The truck is difficult to board if you have certain mobility issues. The first step is a very steep one. My husband always does it but complains about the step. I had forgotten about that until mentioned!

Archived