ultimate balcony dining

roohound

Please educate me what is this ? We have booked a suite for a honeymoon - going all out its once in a lifetime - we hope....

This was posted a while back by Kruiser. She had the dinner on her February 2005 sailing on the Grand.

"Just off of the Grand Saturday. Ultimate Balcony Dinner was awesome and well worth the $100. we paid for it. I don't know what you would spend for a very nice dinner in your area, but $100 was very reasonable for what we were served. They started with our choice of cocktail and canapes which were delivered shortly after they set up our balcony with champagne and flowers on the table. We had crab cakes of sort with a wonderful sauce, salad with pears and walnuts, lobster tail and a filet mignon, chocolate and vanilla mousse, a varity of cookies and creampuffs, and a half dozen very large chocolate dipped strawberries. The photographer also came to the balcony and took pictures. Two servers were outside our door checking on us occasionally for any of our needs. Cocktails, hors d'ouvers, appetizer, salad, surf and turf, 3 desserts, champagne, photograph and personalized service - What would you spend??"

roohound,

We are hoping that Sapphire does have the UBD, too. In deference to above answers, not all Princess ships have this luxury. When we asked about it on Sun Princess in April, they did not have it. With a fifteen day cruise and half being sea days, one would expect it to be available. We had a mini-suite which had a double length balcony, so that should not be a deterent.

Let us know about it when you return.

Thanks

Is the Ultimate Balcony Dining only available for certain categories, or is it for any category with a balcony?

P.S. My husband and I will be first-time cruisers, so I apologize if I'm mangling the terminology!

Last year on the Sapphire we had the balcony breakfast as we cruised to the glacier. It was wonderful! We found out later that people up on deck were watching us as we had an uncovered balcony.... :)

Is the Ultimate Balcony Dining only available for certain categories, or is it for any category with a balcony?

P.S. My husband and I will be first-time cruisers, so I apologize if I'm mangling the terminology!

Any category stateroom that has a balcony can order the dinner. Enjoy!

Since we will be on the CP on our anniversary, the UBD sounds well worth the extra $$ and I think I am going to surprise my husband with that for dinner that night. That day is a sea day as well so maybe a massage that afternoon too! ; )

Quick question for the experienced Alaska cruisers. We are on the Sapphire on 9/4. Is UBD an option at that time of year, or is it just too darn chilly? If that's the case, is it something that can be done in your stateroom? We have a mini-suite, so I don't think room is too big a problem, though that coffe table is kind of low. Do they bring in and set up a special table? Thanks for any input.

Archived