port everglades? carry on luggage

cwbabe48

Airport regulations with carry on bags is much more strict than the cruise lines so there won't be any issues what so ever.

You definitely can keep whatever bags you have with you when disembarking the ship . . . it's actually recommended if you need to be flexible if needing to get off the ship early to catch a flight or get to work.

we will be carrying our bags on to the plane to florida. any problems carrying on to the ship?

The only stipulation is that they must be able to fit through the security scanner, similar in size to the one at the airport you will also be using. I can't foresee any problems, but depending on which line you are cruising, you may have a wait until your cabin is ready in which case you will carry your bags until they open up.

I almost always carry my suitcase to the ship. I travel with a standard airline carry on case. I have never encountered any problems and enjoy that I can unpack and get settled in quickly. Nor do I have to worry if my case is going to make it.

It does mean that you will continue to roll it around if the cabins aren't ready but that never bothers me.

We've taken somewhat larger bags as well. Be aware that the port personnel will try to convince you to check your bags and go so far as to tell you that you can't bring it on. Just tell them you can and continue on. I've never had a problem with the actual screeners, just the people before them.

Archived