Luggage Valet Available on Silhouette Yet?

plan2travel

From Celebrity website:

Luggage Valet streamlines and simplifies your return home after your cruise is over. Enroll onboard at Guest Relations for a fee of $20 per person (for two pieces of luggage per person). On the final night of your cruise you'll receive an envelope with debarkation instructions, airline boarding passes, luggage tags and baggage claim checks. Simply place your luggage outside your stateroom door and don't think about it again until you pick it up at your final destination airport. Available in select ports and on select airlines.

Called Celebrity and rep did not know. Maybe someone else can call and see what they are told.

Update to my previous reply......

Husband called Celebrity regarding another matter and while on the phone asked the rep if there was Luggage Valet on the Silhouette in Ft. Lauderdale. Her response was an upbeat "yes definitely".

So 2 calls, 2 different answers. I'm hoping for the latter.

Maybe someone recently off the Silhouette will see this thread and post first hand.

We used the valet luggage service departing the Infinity at Port Everglades last October. It was great! Particularly loved the fact that our boarding passes were included in the package.

Walked off the ship straight to customs and then to a cab outside the door. Picked up our luggage when our flight arrived home. We'll definitely do it again.

I can't recall the deadline for signing up for the service, but it is several days before the end of the cruise.

Hoping that this will be available on the Reflection. I was told it was then I read somewhere on these boards that it was not available on the Reflection:confused:

Has anyone used it on the Reflection? It is wonderful and we use it where ever it is available.

Thank You.

anyone used this on Celebrity overseas?

thinking of using luggage valet to go to Norway,

as we wil be traveling Netherlands and Belgium by land for about 10 days after the cruise and don't want to have so much luggage,

we try for one carryon apiece and a smaller bag for laptop, etc and always do laundry,

but if we need dress up evening clothes, can't do it with one bag

heard maybe iffy with bags going thru customs and could be late,

wouldn't want bag to miss sailing, even though we always arrive the day before

thanks

judi

My understanding is you have to be flying home the same day. I also think the valet is only good for certain US ports of debarkation. Someone had posted the policy, but I have been unsuccessful in finding it. I don't recall ever being able to use in Europe, but I am not 100% sure.

Norma

To poster who was asking about Europe destinations- the luggage forwarding companies can pick up your luggage to and from your ship and send to your home, hotel, etc. for a hefty price of course. This is not the Luggage Valet program that most of us are talking about. What the cruiselines call Luggage Valet is for when you are leaving the ship, for the cooperating airlines and ports, for $20 per bag (or so) your luggage will be sent ahead on your airline so you don't have to deal with it until you are at the baggage terminal when you arrive at your destination airport.

This service is not offerred in Europe, only at certain North America ports.

Celebrity does cooperate with one of the Luggage ahead companies if you wish the door to door service.

Anyone have any new information about whether or not Luggage Valet is available in Port Everglades on Silhouette? We are sailing beginning of March and hope to use this service.

We are also going on the Silhouette in March so do we think the answer is Yes for Valet??

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing this Sunday....so is Luggage Valet a Silhouette a YES for Southwest Airlines at FLL???????

The Celeb website info is way too general for folks cruising on a specific ship with a specific air carrier...

guest rel will be our very first stop...

Called Celeb...the rep had a list of airlines that will do Luggage valet in FLL for Silhouette, & our airline SW Air was on the list. He was very definite in his reply & was reading from the list.

You have to call to see if your airline is participating...

It will be worth it to avoid the reported disembarkation tie ups.. of course I will worry that our bags make it to our plane, then to our connecting flight & then home....I think we will definitely take a chance!

So the next question is, how does it work in terms of clearing customs on board or as we get off as luggage will not be with us from what I heard???

We are sailing this Sunday....so is Luggage Valet a Silhouette a YES for Southwest Airlines at FLL???????

The Celeb website info is way too general for folks cruising on a specific ship with a specific air carrier...

guest rel will be our very first stop...

If possible, could you post back if the Luggage Valet was available on your sailing? We're on the 3/17 sailing and got my fingers crossed. Like you, will make an early visit to Passengers Relations.

Good luck and happy cruising!

We just returned yesterday from a wonderful cruise on the silhouette.

Unfortunately, they did not offer the valet luggage service. I asked at guest relations and their response was that it was not available "on this ship".

We really missed the service and noted that on our comment card. Hopefully if Celebrity gets enough feedback it will be more widely available throughout the fleet.

Enjoy your cruise!!

We just returned yesterday from a wonderful cruise on the silhouette.

Unfortunately, they did not offer the valet luggage service. I asked at guest relations and their response was that it was not available "on this ship".

We really missed the service and noted that on our comment card. Hopefully if Celebrity gets enough feedback it will be more widely available throughout the fleet.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Thank your for taking the time to reply.

Celebrity needs to get their act together. Have talked to 2 customer service reps and the Captain Club rep and all 3 assured me that the service is available on the Silhouette. This is our first Celebrity cruise and already feeling frustrated. Due to mobility isssues, this service is very important to us.

Archived