Wine prices

smalltownmomwa

I am curious what the average price for a glass/bottle of wine on board is?

I see lots of folks willing to pay the $15 corkage fee as that will save them money. We typically don't even pay $15/bottle! We are "Three Buck Chuck" people typically. :)

We don't drink much wine, but if all onboard wine is well over $20/bottle, it might work out better for us to bring our own bottle.

Thanks!

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

I am curious what the average price for a glass/bottle of wine on board is?

I see lots of folks willing to pay the $15 corkage fee as that will save them money. We typically don't even pay $15/bottle! We are "Three Buck Chuck" people typically. :)

We don't drink much wine, but if all onboard wine is well over $20/bottle, it might work out better for us to bring our own bottle.

Thanks!

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

Here you go!

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/WineList_Fleetwide_03052012.pdf

We flew into Miami and stopped at the CVS not far from our hotel. I was able to buy my favourite wine (on sale). With the corkage fee it worked out to about $22/bottle. Well worth it. No hassle paying the corkage. This is one reason we sail Norwegian. :D

hi

how do you pay the corkage

hi

There's a table at check-in.

For the two buck chuck fans (Ok, these days three buck ..), I do not find it worthwhile to go through the trouble of paying 5-10 bucks for a cheap wine, pay the $15 when I can buy a wine package for about the same price. IIRC, the package we bought netted us wine for about $25 a bottle.

I'm not bothering hauling wine. To me, there is something wrong with buying cheap wine, adding the $15 just to drink cheap wine. Obviously, those that want to have that option.

Have a great day all.

hi

If you carry on your wine, you will be directed to a table after passing through the security scanners. You will sign the receipt indicating how many bottles you have X the $15 corkage fee. The $15 is for a 750-ml bottle. Larger sizes incur a larger fee. No boxed wines are allowed. Each bottle will receive a "Corkage Paid" sticker.

If you leave your wine in your checked baggage AND it is detected, you will receive a letter in your cabin right after the muster drill. It will indicate that alcohol was detected in your baggage and to report to an area to pick up your luggage. This is what we refer to on Cruise Critic as the "Naughty Room." At this point, you will show them which pieces of luggage are yours and open them. You will be given the choice to have them hold your wine until the morning of disembarkation or paying the corkage fee. Note: They have a list and know exactly what your suitcase contains so don't try to say you have three bottles when you have 10.

IF you have wine in your checked bag and it does make it to your cabin with out being detected AND you decide to drink that bottle in any dining room, speciality restaurant or bar/lounge, you will be charged the corkage fee at that point.

For the two buck chuck fans (Ok, these days three buck ..), I do not find it worthwhile to go through the trouble of paying 5-10 bucks for a cheap wine, pay the $15 when I can buy a wine package for about the same price. IIRC, the package we bought netted us wine for about $25 a bottle.

I'm not bothering hauling wine. To me, there is something wrong with buying cheap wine, adding the $15 just to drink cheap wine. Obviously, those that want to have that option.

Have a great day all.

There are usually wine packages to buy onboard too, selected wines but usually 20% off, I think on my last cruise I paid about $22 per bottle, which I thought was reasonable.

We tossed around what we would do....(cruise is Sunday on the Dawn). We ended up deciding on the package after we board. The cheap package makes it about $20 per bottle, we are going with the middle package...so much better than the hassle of carrying on and you get better wine for same price. Agreed!

How much were the wine packages? Looking at the wine list there is not a lot under $30 a bottle, and we will normally have a bottle each night at dinner.

There are several options.. on the Gem we could buy 4, 6 or 8 bottles. And there are a couple of tiers of wine. We bought 4 of the cheapest wine to check it out (and it was very cold on deck where we bought it and didn't want to be out there long).. it cost a bit over $100 with the gratuity. It was a good deal.

I have also brought wine on board and paid the corkage fee. Sometimes I just feel more comfortable bringing wine that I know that I will like as I don't often recognize the wine on board.

Have a great day all.

I feel exactly the opposite. With a little research (and tasting), I can find some decent bottles of inexpensive wine for under $15 (I really enjoy a Kim Crawford sauvignon blanc for about $12), that will taste much better than those on the wine package costing the same amount. A bottle of $36 wine on NCL most likely retails for under $12.

There are details on what the wine package may contain here: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1739573# think the document is in the 2nd or 3rd post. It might not be exactly what you will get on your ship, but gives the general idea.

I've never had a bad bottle of wine on NCL even the cheapest, but maybe I'm not fussy... When coming from the UK buying before boarding really isn't an option for me and I do opt for a lengthy cruise. (I like the transatlantics)

Three Buck Chuck is hard to beat. Wish it was available in Louisiana.

Live in NYC where there is the only Traders Joe wine store in New York State--that is our state law dictates. The chuck is good only if you are making sangria or if you are too drunk not to care. Try cheapwinefinder.com for some good Trader Joes wine under ten bucks. Taste is better. You know the saying "life is too short to drink cheap wine".

If we buy the wine package will they let us take the rest of the bottle when we are done with supper? Would like to be able to take some back to the room. Have checked prices and would be about the same if we take our own . Think the package would be a lot more convenient.

This was posted in January:

VIVA VINO

by Norwegian Cruise Line

Please list the number of

bottles for your selection

The Enthusiast

4 Bottles - $88

6 Bottles - $132

8 Bottles - $176

___ Beringer, Sparkling White Zinfandel – California

___ Lindemans, Bin 90 Moscato – Australia

___ Ruffino, Pinot Grigio – Delle Venezie, Italy

___ De Aureo Spirito, Sauvignon Blanc – Langeudoc, France

___ Woodbridge by Robert Mandavi, White Zinfandel – California

___ Alice White, Chardonnay – Southeastern Australia

___ Colores Del Sol, Malbec – Mandoza, Argentina

___ Ravenswood, “Zen of Zin” Zinfandel – California

___ Errazuriz, “Estate” Merlot – Colchagua Valley, Chile

___ Black Opal, Shiraz/Cabernet – Southern Australia

The Aficionado

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” category plus the following

4 Bottles - $98

6 Bottles - $146

8 Bottles - $196

___ Rosemont, Riesling – Southeastern Australia

___ Estancia, Pinot Grigio – California

___ Matua Valley, Sauvignon Blanc – Marlborough, New Zealand

___ Robert Mandavi Private Selection, Chardonnay – California

___ Estancia, Pinot Noir – Monterey, California

___ Rancho Zabaco, “Heritage Vines” Zinfandel – Sonoma, California

___ Sylvester Winery, “Kiara Reserve” Merlot - California

___ Avalon Cabernet Sauvignon – Napa Valley, California

The Connoisseur

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” and “Aficionado categories plus the following

4 Bottles - $110

6 Bottles - $162

8 Bottles - $216

___ Dry Creek, Fume Blanc – Sonoma, California

___ Isabel Mandavi, Deep Rose’ – Napa Valley, California

___ Wild Horse, Chardonnay – Central Coast, California

___ Spellbound, Petite Sirah – California

___ Chareau St. Jean, Cabernet Sauvignon – California

A 15% gratuity will be added to your check for all beverages orders. Prices are subject to change. Your check may reflect applicable VAT for certain ports or itineraries

• 2 weeks later...
If the restaurant opens it, they will store it for you, or have it delivered to your room.

The restaurant does not have to open it. You can bring it in, have them store it or take it with you. When you buy the wine package, we received coupons for what we bought. They would not deliver it to the room as we just went to bar or restaurant and got a bottle.

If we buy the wine package will they let us take the rest of the bottle when we are done with supper? Would like to be able to take some back to the room. Have checked prices and would be about the same if we take our own . Think the package would be a lot more convenient.

with the wine package they give you a slip of paper corresponding to the individual bottles

you hand the slip of paper to any restaurant or bar and they will collect from store and open it for you.You are then free to carry it from restaurant to bar or to your cabin-the bar staff got quite used to me clutching my opened bottle of wine and when they saw us coming had an empty wine glass for me and a pint of draught beer waiting for my husband

Hi last week on Jewel we were able to carry a bottle bought and opened in the Tzar's to our cabin to bring back the next night

Archived