Very Poor Response and Customer Service From Carnival. Please read..

Arcticcat

Ok, has no one turned on the TV? Carnival has left a boat stranded in the Gulf, being pulled by tugboats with no power (very limited) no A/C, people are crapping in bags, puking, floors are covered in sewage and urine, fist fights over food and hoarding. There is also a tent city on the deck.

Guess this is acceptable, enjoy your cruise.

Sorry, but they did not "left a boat stranded in the Gulf, being pulled by tugboats..."

There was an accident. Accidents happen every day, and thankfully in the cruise industry it is very infrequent. They did not leave a boat stranded. They arranged for tugs to arrive on site as soon as humanely possible to start moving the ship. Do you really think that it was a feasible option to bring another ship out for them to transfer to? What ship would they use? All their other ships have cruises booked on them. How pissed off would you have been if they called you to say your cruise has been cancelled because they need to use the ship for something else? How would you safely make the transfer? Tendering to and from a ship, is only done in a protected harbor, and is still only done when the weather is good. Do you really think they could safely transfer that many people in open ocean?

Before you ask... no, I'm not a Carnival defender. I'm just a realist.

Absurd? They CAN anchor (manually), they tender all the time, transfer ship to ship! Wow must be lots of Carnival staff on here!!!

BTW when they offer a OBC to currently booked passengers, make sure you don't use it, as your not entitled to it LMAO

WE get it your are afraid cancel take the loss move on........ :D

Where do they find another ship to pick-up over 3,000 PAX? Would it be fair to also cancel a scheduled cruise, impacting thousands more people so they can use another ship to go fetch them?

Ships can anchor in shallow tender ports; highly unlikely they can anchor in open waters.

We sail this coming Sunday on the Pride and have not had a second thought as to if we are still going.... stuff happens and Carnival is doing the best they can, as far as transfering people to another ship....it is not as easy when a ship has no power, prob no stablizers....it's a little different in a port with a tender...

Do you fly anywhere? Did you know planes have crashes? Put your big boy pants on and go on the cruise and have fun and don't worry about it!:D

Just got off the phone with Carnival. I called inquiring about cancelling our two cruises that are fully paid for. Wanted to know what our options were.

Due to the Triumph issues I agree accidents happen, but DON"T agree with the way they handled it. They could of brought another ship out there to get the passangers off.

So I called to see what Carnivals attitude towards upcoming passengers. Its not good.

If you paid for your cruise they are NOT offering refunds. Its a Triumph issue not a Victory or a Liberty issue is there response.

I was told as far as compensation to future passengers, there has not been any brought out to this point.

So in a nutshell, if your unsure about the cruiseline or have concerns about the response, your SOL.

Im booked in two weeks on the Victory then right after on the Liberty. They don't care about loyalty, they just want the money!:(

You can't live your life on "what if's".

Well, you can but......

Just got off the phone with Carnival. I called inquiring about cancelling our two cruises that are fully paid for. Wanted to know what our options were.

Due to the Triumph issues I agree accidents happen, but DON"T agree with the way they handled it. They could of brought another ship out there to get the passangers off.

So I called to see what Carnivals attitude towards upcoming passengers. Its not good.

If you paid for your cruise they are NOT offering refunds. Its a Triumph issue not a Victory or a Liberty issue is there response.

I was told as far as compensation to future passengers, there has not been any brought out to this point.

So in a nutshell, if your unsure about the cruiseline or have concerns about the response, your SOL.

Im booked in two weeks on the Victory then right after on the Liberty. They don't care about loyalty, they just want the money!:(

kinda sounds as if YOU want the $$ ;)

Sorry, but they did not "left a boat stranded in the Gulf, being pulled by tugboats..."

There was an accident. Accidents happen every day, and thankfully in the cruise industry it is very infrequent. They did not leave a boat stranded. They arranged for tugs to arrive on site as soon as humanely possible to start moving the ship. Do you really think that it was a feasible option to bring another ship out for them to transfer to? What ship would they use? All their other ships have cruises booked on them. How pissed off would you have been if they called you to say your cruise has been cancelled because they need to use the ship for something else? How would you safely make the transfer? Tendering to and from a ship, is only done in a protected harbor, and is still only done when the weather is good. Do you really think they could safely transfer that many people in open ocean?

Before you ask... no, I'm not a Carnival defender. I'm just a realist.

They are in the gulf buddy not the open ocean.. And the waves are low..

We sail this coming Sunday on the Pride and have not had a second thought as to if we are still going.... stuff happens and Carnival is doing the best they can, as far as transfering people to another ship....it is not as easy when a ship has no power, prob no stablizers....it's a little different in a port with a tender...

Do you fly anywhere? Did you know planes have crashes? Put your big boy pants on and go on the cruise and have fun and don't worry about it!:D

Would you have ypur big boy pants on when your crapping in a bag and leaving it outside your stateroom hero?

Lotsa Carnival employees here. Gues the PR battle is on. Lawsuits are coming!!! Splender cost Carnival 40 million, this will cost a touch more.... LMAO

It's not like they're having to resort to cannibalism or making sacrafices to pig heads. Calm down. If you don't want to go I will gladly take your spot on your upcoming cruises.

OK, want to transfer the money and we can transfer the passes.... PM me!

Would you have ypur big boy pants on when your crapping in a bag and leaving it outside your stateroom hero?

Lotsa Carnival employees here. Gues the PR battle is on. Lawsuits are coming!!! Splender cost Carnival 40 million, this will cost a touch more.... LMAO

Don't laugh too hard, they got your money.

I have never cruised.... no loyalty to anyone....$h!t Happens... yes this will be in the back of my head when i go, but the fact that my plane can crash will also, and when i drive i also think about the fact that someone COULD slam into my car and kill me or the wife or my child.....

move on, lets hope everyone is alright except for needing more food and a warm shower etc!

I'm Loyal to Royal and never been on a Carnival ship; I never plan to; I do have sympathy for the people on the Triumph - what a terrible experience. However, accidents happen. My sympathy only extends so far though - at some point it collides with people's ridiculousness. Carnival has offered more than fair compensation. They can't undo what's been done. The OP is absurd for complaining to Carnival and expecting them to just gladly refund their money -- they are operating a business -- not a charity! If you are so afraid that something terrible will happen on your cruise don't even risk it -- the money you will lose out on is not worth the chance, right? Don't risk your life for the money! If this isn't the case, then please shut up, go on your cruise, and try to have a good time. A lot of people can't afford to cruise or don't have the opportunity -- try to be grateful for what you have.

I have been in water that is a few miles deep. They CANNOT anchor that deep. No way. The seas are normally 10 feet or so out in the middle of the ocean. Ports are cancelled all the time that need tenders because of rough seas. I have a few boats so I do have some experience with boating in the ocean. If the seas are about 3 feet, they would probably not be able to use tenders.

Someone mentioned lifeboats. Where would they go? That's the last thing the coast guard needs. 25 lifeboats scattered around the ocean out of fuel with 150 people on each.

CCL is doing all they can. Period.

Archived