San Juan embarktion

emmac25

Hi

Couple of questions. We are sailing on the Jewel from OSJ and our flight doesn't arrive until 2.10 so I imagine we would be to the Pier around 3.30. Our TA advised us to be there by 5pm so figuring we are ok... But, just would like some advice as reading some posts it seems a lot of people get there at 10 and 11am!! I guess my question is what is the latest time you can get onboard for an 8pm sailing?

Also, I am hearing you can buy water and pop in the terminal after check-in?

Thanks!

Emma

we were just on Brilliance-it would be easier to stop on the way from the airport to get soda and water-it would mean another taxi ride to a CVS or what ever to get the goods-the cost would out the benefits of taking your own-unless you are like me and do not like coke buy must have her Pepsi-there is nothing near the port

Your reference to Old San Juan (OSJ) makes me wonder if you are aware that your embarkation is at the Pam American pier, not the pier in Old San Juan.

And there is also a little store inside the terminal which I have boughten a case of water at and carried onto the ship.

Also, I would never want to fly in the day the cruise departs, we always plan to arrive 1-2 days prior. I realize this may not be an option for some, but we always plan our cruise vacations to include that extra day or two, makes for a much more relaxed and stress free start to a great vacation.

Hi

Couple of questions. We are sailing on the Jewel from OSJ and our flight doesn't arrive until 2.10 so I imagine we would be to the Pier around 3.30. Our TA advised us to be there by 5pm so figuring we are ok... But, just would like some advice as reading some posts it seems a lot of people get there at 10 and 11am!! I guess my question is what is the latest time you can get onboard for an 8pm sailing?

Also, I am hearing you can buy water and pop in the terminal after check-in?

Thanks!

Emma

People arrive at 10/11 AM because they want to take as much advantage of the first day of their cruise as they can.

• 1 year later...
Is there any wine in that little store in the terminal. No way I am going to bring it on the plane with me. Or do we need to stop at a liquor store or something like that.

When we were on the Jewel/San Juan departure in September 2013 there was a wine store in the terminal after you checked in and before you boarded.

Is there any wine in that little store in the terminal. No way I am going to bring it on the plane with me. Or do we need to stop at a liquor store or something like that.

There is wine in the duty free store in the terminal, but the selection is very limited. I'd go to a liquor store if you are at all picky about wine.