When to book flights to Venice?

shoegal24

We have booked a cruise leaving from Venice in August. I've been looking at flights from JFK to Venice and I'm shocked at the $2,500 price tag (rt for 2).

Last year we were able to book 2 tickets to Copenhagen for $650 all in pp!

Are prices to Venice likely to go down in the coming months, or is this as good as it gets and we should book now?

TIA

If you do some reading on the Cruise Air board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128

from the many experts there, you will find:

1) the cheapest fares are already gone. You are less than 6 months from your flight.

2) Fares rarely go down. Yes, there are occaisional sales, but they are usually for limited dates, which may or may not fit your travel needs.

3) Venice, compared to the rest of Europe, is a pretty expensive airport.

4) Last year's fares have absolutely nothing to do with this year's fares, particularly as you aren't flying to the same city.

If you go over to the Cruise Air board, and give specific dates, and cities involved, we may be able to find some better fares for you. However, in the grand scheme, $1200pp isn't all that high a fare to Europe, at least from where I am on the West Coast.

We flew from Vancouver to London Air Transat $298. per person one way. Train to Paris 88.00 for two and flew from Paris to Barcelona Spain for

153.00 one way. It was a great extension to our trip and minimized out flight costs. Also if you check different dates or cities, you may get a way greater price. I have also seen priced come way down 6 weeks before the date. 6 months does not have to be the magic #.

Archived