Dawn 2 bedroom suite?

mommaof 3

We just booked the 2 bedroom family suite on the Dawn for next spring! Never been on Norwegian, but loved the price, perfect timing with spring break, and setup for the Dawn's 2 bedroom suite.

I'm so excited! We've missed a few years of spring break trips because my spring break doesn't match up with my kids. And it keeps getting harder to find times everyone can go as the oldest gets busy with school, jobs, and friends. So, this will be a belated celebration of my finishing nursing school, an early celebration of my son's graduation, and probably our last big family vacation with all of us. Now to just wait 14 months!:)

I'd love to hear great experiences you've had on Dawn, especially the room we picked. Thank you in advance

We just booked the 2 bedroom family suite on the Dawn for next spring! Never been on Norwegian, but loved the price, perfect timing with spring break, and setup for the Dawn's 2 bedroom suite.

I'm so excited! We've missed a few years of spring break trips because my spring break doesn't match up with my kids. And it keeps getting harder to find times everyone can go as the oldest gets busy with school, jobs, and friends. So, this will be a belated celebration of my finishing nursing school, an early celebration of my son's graduation, and probably our last big family vacation with all of us. Now to just wait 14 months!:)

I'd love to hear great experiences you've had on Dawn, especially the room we picked. Thank you in advance

Do a search and there are some pictures. If you search on user "chesneygirl" (sp) she has a video of the SC on the Dawn.

Fabulous videos! I feel more comfortable that the 2 bedroom suite is worth the extra money after seeing the video. Love having an actual table for breakfast, especially with a lot of ports on the agenda and kids who get up late sometimes. Did you go to Cagney's for breakfast and lunch? Seems like a nice perk. Love the views of Bermuda too, we were there in August and it is such a lovely island. Thank you both very much.

I am now even more bummed that I just had to cancel our May Bermuda cruise. We were in an Aft facing penthouse suite but the plans for who was going to watch our kids fell through.

That two bedroom suite may be an option if we decide to take the kids with us. Tough getting DW to agree to taking them out of school for a week, but I will start working on her right now.

Here's a video from last summer that I made of our SC suite on the Dawn.

https://vimeo.com/46524693

And this was our vacation video.

https://vimeo.com/46548405

Enjoy your cruise AND your suite!! :)

Our first cruise we had this suite!! LOVED IT!! our kids were much younger than ( 4 and 10 ) It was the best hing we ever did. The extra room was great when they went off to bed and we wanted to stay up.. We just booked the Gem in a aft penthouse, and I think we are going to switch to this cabin.. ENJOY!!

Our first cruise we had this suite!! LOVED IT!! our kids were much younger than ( 4 and 10 ) It was the best hing we ever did. The extra room was great when they went off to bed and we wanted to stay up.. We just booked the Gem in a aft penthouse, and I think we are going to switch to this cabin.. ENJOY!!

Thanks! Our youngest is one of those kids who CANNOT go to sleep if anyone else is doing something near her and then chaos ensues the next day because she's constantly tired. Not to mention, usually our teenager wants to stay up way past us and in this room he can! Not sure about the Gem, but on the one I booked these rooms were the same cost I believe. Have a great time with your family, they are off to college before you know it.

And - Mass. - we went to Bermuda last August, no kids, but I want to take mine back soon. Just no good options in April, but that was our first choice. It's such a gorgeous island, easy to navigate and incredible beaches. Seeing Horseshoe in the video made me a bit weepy. I love that you have an extended stay in port, you won't feel a need to drag them complaining to everything in one day, like we've done before. Plus, you should still get alone time if they like the kid's activities.

Thanks for sharing your family cruise video. I really enjoyed it. I'm on the Dawn in a two more months for the first time and now I'm more excited than ever!!:D

In the two-bedroom family suite with balcony on the Dawn, can five adults sleep comfortably? In Chesneygirl's video it looks like there is one queen bed, and a twin upper and lower in the second bedroom. I'm assuming the sofa converts to a bed. Does the queen separate into two twins?

Has anyone stayed in the smaller family suite without balcony? What is the sleeping setup in that type of cabin? Is it spacious enough for five adults?

Thanks for the information.

~~Maun

In the two-bedroom family suite with balcony on the Dawn, can five adults sleep comfortably? In Chesneygirl's video it looks like there is one queen bed, and a twin upper and lower in the second bedroom. I'm assuming the sofa converts to a bed. Does the queen separate into two twins?

Has anyone stayed in the smaller family suite without balcony? What is the sleeping setup in that type of cabin? Is it spacious enough for five adults?

Thanks for the information.

~~Maun

Hi the queen in the master doesn't split. The lower in the small room is a double, and the couch becomes a twin bed.

Thanks to all for the info and guidance, I am feeling like the extra money over 2 connecting rooms or the family suite will be well spent. The extra bath and separate sleeping areas make a difference in how comfortable everyone is for us. Plus, two connecting rooms were not a lot less and our daughters are too young to not have a connecting room. Interesting about the couch, I assumed it didn't make into a bed, but that might actually work better for our teenager than the upper bunk.

Since so many of you are going to Bermuda soon...we accidentally found a wonderful free walking tour in St. George when we stopped to get directions at the historical office. It was very helpful as far as history, it started at the ship near where they dunk the wench and is only once a day, but it was great. I loved the perfumery too, they have a short tour, explained how they do things, and were very helpful. I'm not a big souvenir person, but everytime I use the perfume I bought there I think of Bermuda. The beaches are gorgeous, but we were so glad we made time to go to St. George. Have fun!

• 4 weeks later...

we just booked one of the SC suites on the Dawn for January 2014 (we used Costco's travel benefits- saved 400$ over NCL's pricing, and they could combine the Wave/Dash promotion, plus their own stuff and we got 500$ OBC + wine!)

I found your video of the suite (we're in the one next door- 11030), and showed it to my wife...her mouth was wide open the whole time in amazement as to what this room looks like. We usually travel on Princess with our kids (ages 2 and 3), and our PH suite on Princess was nothing like this (and cost a helluva lot more)!

Really looking forward to this cruise!

I know I love that video too! When I'm stressed out it's a great 5 minute break. I had never considered NCL, this suite really was what sold us on trying NCL. We are going during an expensive time of year, but I still feel like it was a good price and I love that it leaves on a Sunday and returns on a Sunday, so my kids don't miss any days of school.

Did you see the list of perks for the suites too? I like the option of Cagney's and priority tenders. Have a great time!

Archived