Oosterdam oversell

rherder

Has anyone heard of an oversell on the Mar 3 cruise?? We received a email from our travel vendor Dargal saying our booking has been cancelled due to over sell and offered us free cruise at later date. We have flown from Canada to Australia and cannot rebook at a later date, we are here!!. We are waiting to hear back from Dargal but nothing as yet.

Has anyone heard of an oversell on the Mar 3 cruise?? We received a email from our travel vendor Dargal saying our booking has been cancelled due to over sell and offered us free cruise at later date. We have flown from Canada to Australia and cannot rebook at a later date, we are here!!. We are waiting to hear back from Dargal but nothing as yet.

dont they offer you a move over offer and if you refuse they ask someone else and they up the ante until they get enough takers....surely they wouldnt cancel your booking

If what you are saying is correct there is something dreadfully wrong.

Post it on the Holland America board of Cruise Critic. Head Office read that page and all hell will break loose if you are denied a cruise after flying all that way to be there.:mad:

I googled Dargal and it is indeed an interline vendor. I really feel for the OP but that is the risk that you take when booking those rates. We now have access them too through a close friend and considered them for a possible Antartcia booking as last year it was less than 1/4 of the going fare. However, I couldn't imagine spending $3000pp on airfares to discover that we had been bumped from the cruise.

I googled Dargal and it is indeed an interline vendor. I really feel for the OP but that is the risk that you take when booking those rates. We now have access them too through a close friend and considered them for a possible Antartcia booking as last year it was less than 1/4 of the going fare. However, I couldn't imagine spending $3000pp on airfares to discover that we had been bumped from the cruise.

True, that definitely changes things. It's one of the things you trade-off by getting the huge discount, that you're taking on the risk of being bumped if they need the space.

In such a case, I'd suggest the OP starts researching other possible options that interest them, e.g. other cruises, land tour, self-touring from the city and so on.

Archived