Triumph Incident on SNL

Amy Giard

While humorous, I didn't find that they did any more research, nor had any more "facts" than the news media. I can think of a few things to add that would make it more aligned with the actual experience.

But would your few things be funny?

If you think so, please post your routine on the net and post the link. We could all use some more chuckles.:D

But would your few things be funny?

If you think so, please post your routine on the net and post the link. We could all use some more chuckles.:D

Well, I'm not a comedian, but I was referring to the assumption that SNL did more research than the news media. Since I was on the ship and experienced the situation, I did not see any evidence that they did so.

I would have included some PA announcements from the captain, in an accent that was hard to understand at times, and then have the CD have to repeat exactly what he said just so people could understand.

Also, Jen (CD) used the word Brilliant so much, everyone was making fun of it and it became the catch word when describing anything. This could have been added in.

Also, in the skit, I would have included maybe an announcement of a scavenger hunt, looking for the few toilets that were working at any given time.

There's more, but you get the idea.

These might not have been as funny ( but could be if written well), but would have shown some inside knowledge of the situation

We always record SNL and when we watched it this morning, I could not believe the amount of time given to the Carnival Triumph, it was hilarious.

The only part that was a little less funny was the Michael Jackson entertainer.

Other than that, this had to be one of the best SNL skits in a long time.

Sea Ya

Well, I'm not a comedian, but I was referring to the assumption that SNL did more research than the news media. Since I was on the ship and experienced the situation, I did not see any evidence that they did so.

I would have included some PA announcements from the captain, in an accent that was hard to understand at times, and then have the CD have to repeat exactly what he said just so people could understand.

Also, Jen (CD) used the word Brilliant so much, everyone was making fun of it and it became the catch word when describing anything. This could have been added in.

Also, in the skit, I would have included maybe an announcement of a scavenger hunt, looking for the few toilets that were working at any given time.

There's more, but you get the idea.

These might not have been as funny ( but could be if written well), but would have shown some inside knowledge of the situation

With your permission I'll forward your suggestions on the Lorne Michaels.:)

But you may want to hang on to your day job.:D

You do realise that the real reason why that chicken crossed the road wasn't to ascertain the ultimate universal truth - right?

We always record SNL and when we watched it this morning, I could not believe the amount of time given to the Carnival Triumph, it was hilarious.

The only part that was a little less funny was the Michael Jackson entertainer.

Other than that, this had to be one of the best SNL skits in a long time.

Sea Ya

At least this one was funny. The last two fell short.

Which reminds me: When are they going to get rid of that talentless Vanessa Bayer? We were lucky they didn't use her in this skit.

Archived