Iced Tea & Lemonade

Other then the Windjammer where are these drinks offered? Last time I got quickly annoyed with having to go there all the time if I was in another part of the ship. I am considering the soda card this time because of it. I don't drink alcohol so I thought it might be nice to be able to have a "drink" with everyone else.

If you drink Sweet Tea at home, you won't like the tea on ship. I suppose you can doctor it up, but it's not like boiling up water, putting in some sugar, throwing in a couple of Lipton family bags and making your own pot. Yum yum, i had about four gallons today myself! It's hot here in Minnesota.

The lemonade is OK.

For the price you pay for a soda card, you could buy 25 liters and sneak 'em on board. But you can also feed a lot of people off one soda card, so ... you could do that.

This thread is really getting long.

So you have to pay for all sodas even in the Dining Room? That sucks so much. On Disney soda was free in the Dining Room. I guess I will have to get a soda card because I don't like lemonade or iced tea. :cool:

Yes, the only drinks that are free are water (not bottled), iced tea, hot tea, lemonade, coffee (not specialty coffee which is extra), and juice (at breakfast). Any other drinks you have to pay for (unless you get a really good bartender like I had on my last cruise.:D)

I agree about the kids & Juice.

When we ordered Room Service I would always order a few Apple Juices for my daughter and pour them in my big Mug, and put it in the Fridge.

I never had to pay for the Juice thru Room Service.

I see post about free tea,coffee,lemonade ect, even free juice at breakfast. what about milk? I enloy a large glass of COLD milk with my breakfast so just wondering if there is a charge for milk.

I see post about free tea,coffee,lemonade ect, even free juice at breakfast. what about milk? I enloy a large glass of COLD milk with my breakfast so just wondering if there is a charge for milk.

A couple of varieties of milk are available in small cartons in the Windjammer. My personal experience with the COLDNESS has been that it is more "cool" rather than "cold".

Just curious --what is sweet tea ?? Thanks!

I had that same question when I moved from Mass to Florida. When you order iced tea here in a restaurant they will ask you "sweet or unsweet". In the Northeast, there is only one kind (unsweet) served in restaurants. Definitely something unique in the south. Seems to me that most people here prefer the sweet tea. I prefer the unsweet.

Max, I really am not fond of the taste of plain tea, so I think the "sweet" kind would be right up my alley. As I said, sounds a lot like the kind I had as a child, but with some lemon as well.

CXR, If you want really COLD milk, eat in the dining room. DH had at least two glasses every night at dinner and said it was really cold and delicious!! Can't see why it wouldn't be cold at breakfast as well.

For One Gallon Sweet Tea

Boil water.

When boiling, add a cup of sugar.

When it boils again, add four Lipton family sized tea bags.

Turn off heat. Let 'er sit for an hour or so. Pour it in a gallon jug and add water to make a gallon of "Sweet Tea."

It will be sweet and strong. For less strong, only use three family sized bags. For less sweet, use less sugar.

Available down south, but not on cruise ships.

Archived