Iced Tea & Lemonade

I've heard mention that the iced tea on board is really bad. Any opinions out there? I love iced tea and could drink it exclusively, but may have to rethink buying a soda card if its that bad. What about the lemonade. What do you say Cool Cruisers?

I have always liked the iced tea, but I suspect that if you are a "sweet tea" drinker, you will not appreciate it. It is plain, unsweetened iced tea that I just add a little sugar to. I have never tried the lemonade.

I've not had their iced tea, but have had many glasses of the lemonade on various ships. You can find it in the Windjammer sometimes already poured in glasses with tons of ice in the glass and sometimes dispensed from a machine just like the OJ - this may vary from ship to ship on how it's served. IMO, it's OK, nothing spectacular.

The iced tea is wonderful (I add a little sweet and low) and the lemonade is quite good too....You can even make your own tea with the flavored tea bags that are on the side of the hot water in Windjammer and Cafe Promenade...Enjoy!;) Jill

On the Sovereign they had a machine outside in the pool area for ice tea and lemonade. The lemonade is really sweet, the ice tea is ok and I drink alot of ice tea, but then I like ice tea in a can which is completely different.

I usually love iced tea but I didn't like this kind. I am use to the more sun tea variety and this iced tea was almost thick. I thought the lemonade was hit and mess. I don't like pulp and sometimes the lemonade had this. If it didn't I thought it was pretty good.

I loved the iced tea on board. It is unsweetened, and I just added a little equal and it was great. I even got a few glasses and poured them into a huge travel mug and brought it by the pool. I'm not sure about the lemonade, I didn't try it.

My best friend drinks the tea and, once she adds enough sugar, says it is pretty good. Of course she is a sweet tea drinker. I don't drink caffeine so I've never had the iced tea on board. I always make my own with a tea bag, some hot water, and a cup of ice.

but then I like ice tea in a can which is completely different.

But at least you recognize that fact:) . The first time I ordered iced tea in Boston it was a shock because it was not brewed iced tea but powdered iced tea (YUCK!).

I find the iced tea to be very strong, so I water it down and then sweeten to my taste.

However, on our last cruise I made my own in the Windjammer, and it was great! I picked my favorite tea from the tea bag selection, made a strong cup, and then poured it over ice. I love the mint tea when it's iced, and the orange or lemon flavor, too.

i've been on seven cruises and I love the iced tea and the lemonade. Sometimes I like to ask the waiter to mix half of a glass of lemonade and half a glass of iced tea. It tastes really good. Maybe you should try and you don't have to do it on the cruise you can do at home. Even Snapple has it as a flavor. Olivia

I also think half and half iced tea and lemonade is great on the ship--the sweet lemonade balances the unsweetened iced tea. BTW, that combo is called an Arnold Palmer (at least around these parts!)

Just curious --what is sweet tea ?? Thanks!

I've heard mention that the iced tea on board is really bad. Any opinions out there? I love iced tea and could drink it exclusively, but may have to rethink buying a soda card if its that bad. What about the lemonade. What do you say Cool Cruisers?

I enjoy soda too much to go w/o for a week. So my hubby and I "shared" the soda card. I tended to drink the soda on deck and during daytime activities while he drank the "stronger" stuff. He had the soda at meal times. I stuck with the water at dinner and did sample the lemonade in the Windjammer. Found it to be tasty yet couldn't imagine drinking glass after glass like my soda!

Just curious --what is sweet tea ?? Thanks!

Sweet tea is brewed iced tea that has been heavily presweetened with sugar. When my best friend makes hers at home, she puts one cup of sugar for every gallon of tea, but it varies by who's making it.

I also prefer my own "sun-tea," but the ice tea onboard the navigator wasn't too bad. I did bring along Splenda packets (only sweetener they didn't offer) and some cold-brew tea bags to make my own just in case. The lemonade had a good flavor, but was too sweet for me. Both are found in the Windjammer's drink station; were also offered at the BBQ on Labadee for those heading to Caribbean...

I just had to reply to this question. My husband is a big tea drinker. As you can see, we are from Georgia so that means it's sweet tea. Our first cruise on the Soverign the tea was so black we thought they had brought soda instead. Adding sugar or sweet-n-low didn't help. So needless to say from then on we have purchased soda cards. I can't answer about unsweetned tea since we don't like it, but if you like southern sweet tea you will be better off with soda.

i never had the tea but did enjoy the lemonade..went to the windjammer every nite before bed with my big old insulated travel mug -- filled it up with ice and lemonade so i could have something in my cabin at nite ....

Archived