NCL "misplaced" my luggage....

mi3stooges

I put my luggage with the "pink" sticky tag on it outside my door before 11pm. The next morning we disembark the ship and....my luggage is NOT with the rest of the family's :eek:

I am a very understanding person.....stuff happens. But what upsets me is that if your luggage is not "found/returned" NCL only reimburses you $100. Have they seen the price of luggage??? It wasn’t top of the line, maybe not even middle of the road, but what about the contents?? Have you bought a hairdryer lately? Or makeup or even a bathing suit?? It’s gonna add up and I’m upset just thinking about it. Thank god I had NO valuables in it, but what was in it was valuable to me. :(

Calgon...take me away!!

I put my luggage with the "pink" sticky tag on it outside my door before 11pm. The next morning we disembark the ship and....my luggage is NOT with the rest of the family's :eek:

I am a very understanding person.....stuff happens. But what upsets me is that if your luggage is not "found/returned" NCL only reimburses you $100. Have they seen the price of luggage??? It wasn’t top of the line, maybe not even middle of the road, but what about the contents?? Have you bought a hairdryer lately? Or makeup or even a bathing suit?? It’s gonna add up and I’m upset just thinking about it. Thank god I had NO valuables in it, but what was in it was valuable to me. :(

Calgon...take me away!!

I'm sorry :( I always, always, always carry my own off .... I just don't trust them!! Did you get cruise insurance? Maybe that will cover some of the cost?

I agree with the others...most likely another passenger grabbed your bag inadvertently. If you are lucky, that person will return the bag when they discover their error.

Did you have travel insurance? That should largely cover your loss. If you did not buy insurance, consider this a minor introduction into it's value. Really, one lost bag is a relatively small event compared with the devestaing things that can go wrong when traveling...Imagine the cost an serious accident and medical evacuation from a foreign country:eek:.

I am so sorry you are going through this. As mentioned it was probably someone grabbing the wrong bag. Cruise lines as with the Airlines will only give you so much money for missing bags. We have found ourselves getting very proactive when it comes to this. We pack part of my stuff in hubbys bag and vise versa so that if 1 piece gets lost we at least have some clothing and accessories. We also mark our luggage with bright green (lime) tags and straps so it stands out. It may not solve all of the possible problems, but it does help.

I hope who ever has your luggage figures out what they have done and this serves as a reminder to everyone else that if you allow the cruise line to take your bags, double check the tag on it before you leave the terminal

I am a very understanding person.....stuff happens. But what upsets me is that if your luggage is not "found/returned" NCL only reimburses you $100. Have they seen the price of luggage??? It wasn’t top of the line, maybe not even middle of the road, but what about the contents?? Have you bought a hairdryer lately?

Calgon...take me away!!

Do you have trip insurance? They give you additional amounts for lost luggage.

DML

Did you have travel insurance? That should largely cover your loss. If you did not buy insurance, consider this a minor introduction into it's value. Really, one lost bag is a relatively small event compared with the devestaing things that can go wrong when traveling...Imagine the cost an serious accident and medical evacuation from a foreign country:eek:.

Also an introduction into carrying on/off anything that is difficult to replace or precious to you. Jewelry, medications, spare glasses, mementos, a small makeup kit, a spare set of clothes... All should be in your carry-on bag. Always. Seriously, even if you have travel insurance, if your bag is lost on the way onto the ship, and you haven't carried these things aboard with you, what are you going to do about it? You can't replace Rx medications or your Rx sunglasses aboard ship. You might not even be able to replace the makeup you usually use.

Brenna

Good Morning....thank you all for the advice and thoughts...all are appreciated!!

Someone asked what ship, I was on the Epic docked in Miami. I didn't have travel ins...yup..minor lesson learned because things could have been a HELL of a lot worse. :eek:

I also feel that someone did take it by mistake. Cause when I went to grab "mine" I pulled my hand right away becasue there was a very minor difference in the other luggage. Then I wondered, my suitcase was a size bigger and a lot heavier than hers. But I am concerned that 2 dyas later I haven't heard anything...dosen't mean I won't, but thought should have. I know that if I took someones by mistake I would do everything I could to notify them, but then reality hits and I remember not everyone is like that :(

We started carrying off our luggage on our last cruise and it worked out well. I've read of a few similar situations of lost luggage here on cc so we gave it a try. I do hope it all works out for you.

I know that if I took someones by mistake I would do everything I could to notify them, but then reality hits and I remember not everyone is like that :(

Sadly, that's the truth of it! Have you tried calling NCL to see if anyone asked for their "missing luggage" back that might have yours? They might be able to do a pick-up from person A and get yours back to you at the same time.

DML

Have you tried contacting the Port of Miami? I once left a very large waterproof bag in the parking lot when disembarking in NYC. (the bag was white, and blended in with the two feet of snow it was sitting in. :rolleyes: ) I didn't realize it was missing for two days, and then panicked! I called the Terminal and after describing it and it's contents they arranged to ship it to me. Perhaps the person who took yours has returned it to the Terminal and NCL is not aware.

It's also possible that the person who took your bag hasn't figured it out yet because they are delaying unpacking. I don't always open our bags immediately when we get home.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you and your belongings will be reunited soon!

:)

Hope they find it. NCL 'misplaced' mine when we disembarked in New Orleans after a 16 day cruise. 3 of our bags were present, and we poked around looking and did all the paperwork for the missing luggage. I was fuming so I started to walk around after filling out the paperwork, and low and behold there it was on the other side of the terminal all by itself, the luggage tag ripped off! Since then, I self disembark! Was not a fun way to return to the real world after a two week vacation:)

This happened to us last month on a different cruise line in Miami. We had the name of the person who took our bag because theirs was there. We filled out the paperwork. He actually called us and told us he had returned our bag to the pier. We were already home. We had to call the cruise line 4 times before they finally had somebody from the pier call us. There excuse was they did not have any contact info for us. It was on the bag tag and in the paperwork. We had to pay to have the bag shipped to us. Keep calling NCL.

Archived