NCL "misplaced" my luggage....

mi3stooges

This kind of happened to us years ago. We had sailed with our 2 kids out of Baltimore and had put out our luggage the night before. We disembarked, found our luggage and car and proceeded to start driving back to upstate NY. A little ways into the trip, we realized that one of our bags was still at the pier! Think about how difficult it is to ask someone to let you return to the pier. No one believed us, but finally, someone let my husband back in and he did return with our duffle.

Good news!!! They have my lugg!!age and will ship it fed ex and I should have it by Thursday!! :D

Thanks again everyone....lesson learned''

Very happy your luggage was found and is on the way back to you. Last month we stupidly left one of our bags sitting in the luggage room at port of New Orleans. Happily we received a call from the port who said they would ship us the bag for $35.

We were very happy to get our bag back but were surprised to find it sitting on our front porch with not even a plastic bag around it - just a shipping ticket around the handle.

Very happy your luggage was found and is on the way back to you. Last month we stupidly left one of our bags sitting in the luggage room at port of New Orleans. Happily we received a call from the port who said they would ship us the bag for $35.

We were very happy to get our bag back but were surprised to find it sitting on our front porch with not even a plastic bag around it - just a shipping ticket around the handle.

I was going to be charged $75 :eek: but I told her I reported it at the pier, she said no problem!! whew!

So glad your luggage was found!

Just got personalized baggage straps to put on ours.

I think sometimes bags are stolen. A couple in our agency group disembarking the Epic in Barcelona were missing their bags. They had to leave to go to the airport on the bus with us. As the bus went down the block there was a rundown looking truck full of luggage. This was not a luggage service truck...We carry ours ourselves when we can.

We are about to go on our first cruise and I was afraid this would happen either at the airport or cruise terminal. I bought bright green luggage tags from Walmart and then put our initials really big on them...DH and I are both 'JP'. I'm thinking I might put ribbons around the handles as well...

Crazy thing about bags...When I was in high school we were going on a school trip to Florida and they broke my bag BEFORE we even left our airport - the zipper apparently got caught on something and tore right off. After they called me to check my belongings, they put clear packing tape alllll around it to keep it closed. I didn't have money or time to replace it in Florida since I was with the school (And my mom made them pay for it) so all we had was the gray duct tape to close it with to go home. When it came up the carousel, all of the parents had a good laugh since my mom told them all it was coming that way. Pretty funny at the time but not cool that they didn't even give us enough money to pay for a new bag.

Archived