Transfer to Southampton

Bsanr

Yes..they are very reasonable and drop off/pick up is very close to the ships. Walking distance if you don't have too much luggage.

They drop in the center of London , I believe by Victoria Station. So close to other transportation to get you where you need to be.

There was really no issue with the amount of luggage. We each had one large bag that went underneath and 2-3 carrying. Bus was not full..so had room to spread out.

They advertised wifi on the bus, but we could never connect. Bring your own food/ drink..none on board to buy.

Would definitely do it again.

The bus driver had to handle all the luggage. I think if too heavy, it is at his descretion to charge extra. Ours was larger than what was posted on website and we had no problem.I wanted to tip the driver but when he

unloaded our luggage in Southhampton, he seemed to disappear. I felt bad because he really deserved to be tipped.

It was really easy to get to the Bus terminal. Walked from terminal 3 direct to bus terminal (all attached inside at the airport). If people were in terminal 5, the bus left the the bus terminal and rode around the airport and stopped outside the terminal to pick people up.

We've used them from both Victoria Coach Station and Terminal 5. The time we used them from Terminal 5 I was using a wheelchair due to a recently broken ankle. The driver also loaded the wheelchair in the luggage compartment. Another passenger had snagged the front seat (that allowed the most leg room) and he asked them to move so I could have room for the boot on my foot.

I had no problem logging onto the wifi.

I did laugh when I read San Diego Sue's comment about wanting to tip the driver! We don't do that in England, we just say thanks! I would highly recommend the National Express, reliable good clean service and you would probably get a bus to Heathrow if not direct then via London Victoria. Also look into the Megabus. They are really cheap (and good) but you can only book it a couple of months in advance. I like to have my plans firmly in place months/years in advance but they are very good.

Archived