So highlights of the Breeze IMO:

Guys burgers and fries - delicious every time

Tandoor Indian food - my new fave cruise food

Blue Iguana Burritos - yummy lunch

splash works - fun for everyone from age 2 to adult in our group

outdoor theatre - popcorn, fleece blankets, nice experience

thrill theatre - kids and adults enjoyed it, 20 minutes movies

Blush Maitre D entertaining us each night

Butch and his side kick, forget her name.....begins with A??? - great morning show

Decor - beautiful, fresh, new, makes you feel happy

staff - seemed to get along well, happy, helpful

comfortable seating on deck - new rattan furniture with cushions in lots of different areas

Adults only serenity deck - much larger than other ships, comfy beds shaped like sea shells, couches, a bar, beautiful and hidden away

Didja ever section of the menu - new things to try, escargot, alligator, frogs legs, kind of neat for us to try and the kids too.

Camp Carnival - big, bright, inviting, clean, great staff, great activities

Things I didn't like so much:

sulfur smell was strong at times - mostly outside, but occasionally on deck 7 near our cabin

dining room service slow and food wasn't as good as I recall in the past

dining room menus getting tired and need freshening up, especially desserts were kind of boring, they need some new options

singing and dancing in the shows were a bit weak, looked very amateur IMO but the background props, etc were pretty good

We were on it the beginning of the month. Never smelled any sulphur at all. We were on the 8th floor. Dining room service was slow . Once we got used to our Edwardo, he was great. He worked his butt off. Our guys burgers was awesome. Cucina del capitano is the best. Try it for dinner too. You will love it. Cabin stewards were wonderful. Had all kinds of deserts so nothing boring for us. Mine was gf which was wonderful. Ship is beautiful. We loved the ship as much as the Magic.

singing and dancing in the shows were a bit weak, looked very amateur IMO but the background props, etc were pretty good

I find this to be generally true on all cruiselines. I find the featured singers and dancers are often the weakest of the group. Wish they would rotate the featured singers.

I often wonder why they cannot get better singers and dancers. There have to be so many talented people out there that just need a chance to show their stuff. Maybe it's because living on a cruise ship is a hardship that takes a special "adventurer" to take on.

I enjoyed my recent cruise on the Oasis because the entertainment was so unusual. They had aerialists and divers and ice skaters - and a Beatles impersonation group (however, I don't think they were regulars, but rather, guest entertainers).

Oasis had less reliance on your classic cruiseline singers and dancers and more options for different types of entertainment. I really enjoyed the entertainment on that cruise.

However, our Breeze cruise was very good - and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the ship.

Butch and his side kick, forget her name.....begins with A??? - great morning show

comfortable seating on deck - new rattan furniture with cushions in lots of different areas

Adults only serenity deck - much larger than other ships, comfy beds shaped like sea shells, couches, a bar, beautiful and hidden away

Didja ever section of the menu - new things to try, escargot, alligator, frogs legs, kind of neat for us to try and the kids too.

sulfur smell was strong at times - mostly outside, but occasionally on deck 7 near our cabin

dining room menus getting tired and need freshening up, especially desserts were kind of boring, they need some new options

What room where you in on the 7th deck? We will be on the 7th deck in June on the Breeze.

I agree that they need some new menu selections - this will be our third cruise with the same menu's. On our first cruise (the Dream) we did a behind the fun tour, and when we went to the galley, we were showed that there were 30 different menu's they had to choose from (the chef would choose which menu's they would be using a month ahead of time so he would know what he needed to order each time for supplies). That was something that was nice. So on our second cruise (also the Dream) we had different menu's - but come our third cruise (the Freedom), we found that they had started using the same menu plan on each cruise (I was sad to know that we'd have the same choices as our previous cruise and our future cruises). I do wish that they would change up the menu selections (keep some of the same things on there, but add some new things). We've tried all the did'ya menu options (twice now).

What room where you in on the 7th deck? We will be on the 7th deck in June on the Breeze.

I agree that they need some new menu selections - this will be our third cruise with the same menu's. On our first cruise (the Dream) we did a behind the fun tour, and when we went to the galley, we were showed that there were 30 different menu's they had to choose from (the chef would choose which menu's they would be using a month ahead of time so he would know what he needed to order each time for supplies). That was something that was nice. So on our second cruise (also the Dream) we had different menu's - but come our third cruise (the Freedom), we found that they had started using the same menu plan on each cruise (I was sad to know that we'd have the same choices as our previous cruise and our future cruises). I do wish that they would change up the menu selections (keep some of the same things on there, but add some new things). We've tried all the did'ya menu options (twice now).

We were split b/w 7447, 7433 and 7404. If you have any questions with those specific ones, or ones close by I can try to answer them.

We were split b/w 7447, 7433 and 7404. If you have any questions with those specific ones, or ones close by I can try to answer them.

We will be in room 7404 (and it's connecting room). Was this one of the rooms that you could sometimes smell the sulfur smell? Overall, were you satisfied with the room (I'm pretty sure it'll be like the other balcony rooms we've had in the past, so I'm not really worried - I'm just curious of your opinion)?

Also, I know I found the information before (I just don't know what I did with it - I keep putting all my "found" info in different notebooks and end up having to hunt everything down in different places) - the laundry room, is it on the same side as 7404 or is it on the side of 7447/7433 (I don't know if I will use the laundry room this time around, but I like to be prepared).

A question about the blankets/popcorn at the outside theater - do you have to ask for both or are they offered to you (my daughter and I are thinking that if any good movies are playing some evening in June when we cruise, that we would like to watch laying on a chair with a blanket and eating some popcorn)?

The sad thing is..these menus aren't very old and they are Carnival's new menus.:(

We will be in room 7404 (and it's connecting room). Was this one of the rooms that you could sometimes smell the sulfur smell? Overall, were you satisfied with the room (I'm pretty sure it'll be like the other balcony rooms we've had in the past, so I'm not really worried - I'm just curious of your opinion)?

Also, I know I found the information before (I just don't know what I did with it - I keep putting all my "found" info in different notebooks and end up having to hunt everything down in different places) - the laundry room, is it on the same side as 7404 or is it on the side of 7447/7433 (I don't know if I will use the laundry room this time around, but I like to be prepared).

A question about the blankets/popcorn at the outside theater - do you have to ask for both or are they offered to you (my daughter and I are thinking that if any good movies are playing some evening in June when we cruise, that we would like to watch laying on a chair with a blanket and eating some popcorn)?

My FIL and nephew shared room 7404 so I didn't stay it in myself but I did visit. The smells were in the opposite hallway, outside 7433. I'm not sure if there was a laundry room in that hall as well but there was one for sure about 20 cabins away from 7433 in that hall.

There is a hut that you go up to and ask for the blankets and popcorn (I believe going by what I saw. We didn't actually get to do this ourselves as we were often too busy with kids but I walked by several times and even sat to catch a minute of the experience).

I know they're suppose to be new menus but they didn't change up the main entrees much and took the amount of the dessert options away. There are like four different options with one being diet and one bring chocolate melting cake. I'm probably the only person that doesn't really care for the chocolate melting cake. It's not baked enough and it's to sweet.

I've been on a lot of cruises and the same main meals are always there. Same seafood dishes, same beef dishes, same soups, same salads..come on....try some new main meal recipes.

We were on the same cruise. Our friends had a suite and she said she could smell sulpfur (cabin 7379) as they walked back to our cabin (8462). I never smelled it but my husband thought it was from the exhaust from the whale tail.

I noticed laundry facilities more mid-ship past cabin 7379.

The ship is beautiful and my only complaint is too much to do/see on a 6 day. :eek:

This is our 5th Carnival cruise and I tried different entrees/drinks daily. You REALLY need to try the Pasta place on Deck 11 aft. It is entirely new and GOOD. Just order double shrimp though. :D

I don't like the new production shows and I think if they moved the Comedy club to the main ovation theater it could be enjoyed by more. There was ALWAYS a line and NEVER enough space for all those that wanted to see the show.

LOVED all the outdoor spaces available on the Breeze. The nice red loungers on Deck 11 aft, nice place to sit in the evening. Check out the arcade - suppose to get the first 5 games FREE, which my daughter did, but for unknown reason, our s/s card did not. :confused:

this would be a perfect ship for a TA - can't do it all with only 2 sea days.

Only ate at the Lido buffet on the first day; never even tried a Guy's burger although my kids said they were great; DH and DD had the C-side Bar-B-Q, but I did the Pasta thing the 1st day and did my past guest drink coupon/MDR lunch the 2nd. I don't like all the restrictions they put on the silly "free" drink coupon. :rolleyes:

A final note, the staff is AMAZING. The cabin stewards and others working around the ship ALWAYS have a smile on their faces. This was our first time trying anytime dining....it was a little slower, but you have to remember, they have people coming and going at all stages of dinner. Not like the set dining where all the courses are served at the same time. Also, the staff was hit or miss. We had one server who we didn't care for and another that we wished we could have had all week.

I can't imagine being covered in a blanket in June in the Caribbean. It's really, really hot/humid by then and I wouldn't be surprised if blankets weren't even available.

Enjoy your cruise.

I can't imagine being covered in a blanket in June in the Caribbean. It's really, really hot/humid by then and I wouldn't be surprised if blankets weren't even available.

Enjoy your cruise.

It gets windy on deck and even in the Caribbean, it can be cool. True, I haven't been there in June, but I'm sure one of those nice big pool towels would be enough to keep you warm.

It gets windy on deck and even in the Caribbean, it can be cool. True, I haven't been there in June, but I'm sure one of those nice big pool towels would be enough to keep you warm.

Do you happen to have the fun times from your cruise? I'm on the same cruise in April and can't find the FT anywhere. Would love to plan ahead.

Archived