The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

Trying to decide whether to purchase or not for DW and myself on 7 day magic cruise in August. She is not a big drinker and breaking even might be tough. I see some saying they get frozen drinks but the way I read they would not be included with cheers? Like frozen Pina colada or frozen Margarita? I assume mimosas are? It sounds good to be able to get milk shakes and powerades and coffees, anyone know list price on these as DW would likely drink as many as those as she would alcohol. TIA

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Trying to decide whether to purchase or not for DW and myself on 7 day magic cruise in August. She is not a big drinker and breaking even might be tough. I see some saying they get frozen drinks but the way I read they would not be included with cheers? Like frozen Pina colada or frozen Margarita? I assume mimosas are? It sounds good to be able to get milk shakes and powerades and coffees, anyone know list price on these as DW would likely drink as many as those as she would alcohol. TIA

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Go reread the cheers plan or go back a few post as someone posted the NEW plan again. All drinks frozen or not up to 50.00usd is included along with specialty coffees.

This beginning of this thread is out dated. Specialty coffees and energy drinks ARE included now. The new CHEERS! INCLUDES:

All spirits (including cocktails), as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $50.00 or lower menu price

Sodas, Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, energy drinks, specialty coffee, hot tea, 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages

Large format water bottles in the Dining Room and Specialty Restaurants

25% discount off the menu price for any spirit or wine by the glass above $50.00

25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle

25% discount off beverage seminars and classes

CHEERS! EXCLUDES:

Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses

Bottles of liquor

Beverages offered at gangway

Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or in-stateroom beverage programs

Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets

Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines and self-serve beer stations

All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes

Food items

Here I reposted it for you again.

All spirits including coctails. I guess they could have put frozen drinks in there also instead of lumping them in cocktails. You can also get NON alcoholic frozen drinks. Virgin Pina Colada....

Edited by A_Sea_Bugg

the date on your card is what you are the day of your cruise. if its not 21 on the day you board, you cant get it for the 1st day, second day or any day. you wont be able to get alcohol at all on this cruise.

We celebrated my daughter's 21st birthday on the Sensation seven years ago. Unless something has changed - she turned 21 on the 2nd day of the cruise - she was able to order drinks 1 minute after midnight on that day. She didn't have to go to GS to change her card at all. When the bartender swiped it on her first order it showed that she was 21. Bartenders were even buying her drinks all that night (or early morning).

Now, whether you can buy CHEERS on the 2nd day - that I don't know, but I can't imagine why not if they let others buy it on the 2nd day - you probably just couldn't pre-order it.

I have been on four cruises so I am still pretty new and frequently look to the veterans for advice. I would like to see this post deleted and one with the current Cheers program posted.

Thanks, Bobbi

Read the current posts. You know, the ones that have the updated information. No one says you have to go back to the beginning. This one does have the current Cheers program posted.

Do the non alcoholic drinks count toward the 15 a day limit?

No, non-alcoholic drinks are unlimited and don't count toward 15 alcoholic ones.

I'll be sailing this Sunday and using Cheers! so will be posting a review of my experience with the program soon.

Here I reposted it for you again.

All spirits including coctails. I guess they could have put frozen drinks in there also instead of lumping them in cocktails. You can also get NON alcoholic frozen drinks. Virgin Pina Colada....

Yes thank you, no where did it specifically say frozen drinks. Also anyone know normal prices on coffees, milkshakes etc?

This beginning of this thread is out dated. Specialty coffees and energy drinks ARE included now. The new CHEERS! INCLUDES:

All spirits (including cocktails), as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $50.00 or lower menu price

Sodas, Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, energy drinks, specialty coffee, hot tea, 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages

Large format water bottles in the Dining Room and Specialty Restaurants

25% discount off the menu price for any spirit or wine by the glass above $50.00

25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle

25% discount off beverage seminars and classes

CHEERS! EXCLUDES:

Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses

Bottles of liquor

Beverages offered at gangway

Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or in-stateroom beverage programs

Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets

Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines and self-serve beer stations

All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes

Food items

Thank you for posting this. This thread should really be unstickied because the top post is just completely incorrect.

Thank you for posting this. This thread should really be unstickied because the top post is just completely incorrect.

This is not a 'sticky'. Just a normal thread that has certainly evolved in the 3 years it has been going. I myself do not bother with the posts going back past a certain date. I have it show with the newest first.

I assume that the Cheers program covers purchases made in the coffee bar. Can anyone confirm whether it covers items purchases at the Viennese Cafe on the Freedom?

I can confirm that purchases starting on the second morning in the Viennese Bar on the Freedom are covered. (May 21-28 sailing). On day 2, I bought a coffee at 6:50. She put my Cheers! Sticker on and I never paid a thing there the rest if the week. Bought coffee drinks, spiked coffee drinks, water and Powerade.

Even on debarkation day, it was still covered.

Say "hi" to Padwanmati in the mornings. She works hard and she's usually flying solo.

I can confirm that purchases starting on the second morning in the Viennese Bar on the Freedom are covered. (May 21-28 sailing). On day 2, I bought a coffee at 6:50. She put my Cheers! Sticker on and I never paid a thing there the rest if the week. Bought coffee drinks, spiked coffee drinks, water and Powerade.

Even on debarkation day, it was still covered.

Say "hi" to Padwanmati in the mornings. She works hard and she's usually flying solo.

Thanks for the info! And I will do just that.

I know forums like this are great for people to ask questions. I don't mind answering questions either. What I wonder is does anyone ever read just a couple of pages back first? Or even do a simple Google search? I was raised that when you have to find the answer for yourself you remember better than to just have the answers given to you.

I've tried searching/googling, but I can't find an answer (probably because it's no), but does Cheers work at Mahogany Bay? Thank you.

Great question. It makes me want to ask one. I know on RCCL private islands the drink package is/was included but... does carnival include their private islands?

No :(

Looks like RCCL drink package is better all around than Carnival. No limit on amount of drinks... I don't like the 15 a day. I haven't drank that many but don't like the limit. And it doesn't work on their private islands.... but I will still get it because it works out better for me on a 7 day cruise... just trying to decide if it will work on a 15 day Panama Canal cruise on sister line Princess...