The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

Can someone verify whether or not milkshakes are included in Cheers and/or Bottomless Bubbles? I saw it posted in this thread that they were included in Cheers, but I can't find anything on the Carnival website stating that they are. Thanks :)

No to bottomless bubbles.

Here is the verbiage on Cheers on the website (it is included)

The following beverages are now available within the enhanced CHEERS! program:

All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and glasses of wine, with a $50 USD or lower menu price per serving

Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, sodas (including specialty sodas) and juices

Specialty coffees and teas served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars

Milkshakes

RockStar energy drinks, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Coconut Water and Honest Tea

500ml bottles of water served in bars and lounges

Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants

25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $50 USD per serving

25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle and larger format water bottles purchased outside the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants

25 percent discount off the menu price for all beverage classes and seminars

a lot of what you have submitted is not true according to carnival web site. You are aware they have recently changed their program?

Good grief! This threads has THOUSANDS of posts and has been on here for over 3 years.

New program info all over it. Why don't you stay up to date and read the recent posts?

Good grief! This threads has THOUSANDS of posts and has been on here for over 3 years.

New program info all over it. Why don't you stay up to date and read the recent posts?

T

hat would require one to think and actually read a few other pays then just reply.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No to bottomless bubbles.

Here is the verbiage on Cheers on the website (it is included)

Thanks for this. The link to purchase Cheers and Bottomless Bubbles from my booking page doesn't list the new changes.

Outdated? Just go back a few pages or check the date of the post and it is current.

I just get several bottles of water the first day and I have cold water in my room.

See your post is outdated. Carnival will allow you to purchase Cheers with gift cards now. Just read several post about it on a social media site about cruising from New Orleans.

Are you saying you can now purchase it prior to the cruise with gift cards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you saying you can now purchase it prior to the cruise with gift cards?

Found it, it is on the Carnival site under the gift card fine print.. Redeeming Gift Cards

Gift Cards are redeemable at participating Carnival Cruise Line® ships for passenger travel to pay for ticket purchases and as deposit to an onboard account. Gift Cards can be redeemed for or on any cruise sold or operated by Carnival Cruise Line®, except onboard those sailings operating in a non-USD functional currency onboard.

The price of each transaction paid for by the Gift Card will be debited against the balance or value on the Gift Card. If the price for a transaction is greater than the balance or value on the Gift Card, the purchaser must pay the difference. If the price for a transaction is less than the balance or value on the Gift Card, the unused portion will remain on the Gift Card until it is redeemed and the value of the Gift Card is decreased to zero, at which time the Gift Card will be deactivated.

To purchase Cheers or Bottomless Bubbles, please call 1-800-845-2599 if you would like to use a Carnival Gift Card to purchase Cheers or Bottomless

Gift Cards will not be accepted if the Gift Card number is invalid, the value on the Gift Card is zero, the Gift Card has not been activated, or Gift Card cannot be found within the Carnival® system.

Found it, it is on the Carnival site under the gift card fine print.. Redeeming Gift Cards

Gift Cards are redeemable at participating Carnival Cruise Line® ships for passenger travel to pay for ticket purchases and as deposit to an onboard account. Gift Cards can be redeemed for or on any cruise sold or operated by Carnival Cruise Line®, except onboard those sailings operating in a non-USD functional currency onboard.

The price of each transaction paid for by the Gift Card will be debited against the balance or value on the Gift Card. If the price for a transaction is greater than the balance or value on the Gift Card, the purchaser must pay the difference. If the price for a transaction is less than the balance or value on the Gift Card, the unused portion will remain on the Gift Card until it is redeemed and the value of the Gift Card is decreased to zero, at which time the Gift Card will be deactivated.

To purchase Cheers or Bottomless Bubbles, please call 1-800-845-2599 if you would like to use a Carnival Gift Card to purchase Cheers or Bottomless

Gift Cards will not be accepted if the Gift Card number is invalid, the value on the Gift Card is zero, the Gift Card has not been activated, or Gift Card cannot be found within the Carnival® system.

A_Sea_Bug, where did you see that? When I look at Carnivals gift card FAQs listed here: https://www.carnivalgiftcards.com/FAQ.aspx#how

It says:

Q: How do I use the Carnival Gift Card?

A: The Carnival Gift Card is simple to use ? it may be applied online (at http://www.carnival.com) as payment toward a cruise reservation, pre-purchased shore excursion using the 16 digit card number, or the gift card can be redeemed onboard as payment toward an Onboard Sail and Sign account. Carnival Gift Card cannot be redeemed towards Cheers, Bottomless Bubbles, Wedding or SPA pre cruise except through calling 1-800-845-2599, unless purchased or redeemed while onboard the ship during your voyage. [Note: the Carnival Gift Card cannot be redeemed onboard Carnival Spirit as the onboard functional currency is AUD]

But when I called the number 2 different times they are for website support or help with on line check in. they transferred me to the gift shop who told me you cannot use your gift cards to advance purchase bottomless bubbles or cheers. You may use it when you get on board but then you will be charged at the higher rate. I have now attempted to use the card 4 times to advance purchase and every time I call they deny me. I belive the web site is incorrect and have asked them to fix it as it is misleading. I would say save your time trying to call folks, they are not processing them over the phone nor can you use it to purchase on their web site. :mad:

A_Sea_Bug, where did you see that? When I look at Carnivals gift card FAQs listed here: https://www.carnivalgiftcards.com/FAQ.aspx#how

It says:

Q: How do I use the Carnival Gift Card?

A: The Carnival Gift Card is simple to use ? it may be applied online (at http://www.carnival.com) as payment toward a cruise reservation, pre-purchased shore excursion using the 16 digit card number, or the gift card can be redeemed onboard as payment toward an Onboard Sail and Sign account. Carnival Gift Card cannot be redeemed towards Cheers, Bottomless Bubbles, Wedding or SPA pre cruise except through calling 1-800-845-2599, unless purchased or redeemed while onboard the ship during your voyage. [Note: the Carnival Gift Card cannot be redeemed onboard Carnival Spirit as the onboard functional currency is AUD]

But when I called the number 2 different times they are for website support or help with on line check in. they transferred me to the gift shop who told me you cannot use your gift cards to advance purchase bottomless bubbles or cheers. You may use it when you get on board but then you will be charged at the higher rate. I have now attempted to use the card 4 times to advance purchase and every time I call they deny me. I belive the web site is incorrect and have asked them to fix it as it is misleading. I would say save your time trying to call folks, they are not processing them over the phone nor can you use it to purchase on their web site. :mad:

Nevermind A_Sea_Bug I found where you saw your info as well. After speaking with IT support for the carnivalgiftcards.com they are going to remove the info from both places on the web site. It is incorrect. The Cheers FAQs web site info is correct. It says: Currently, we are not able to process the Carnival Gift Card for Fun Shop orders. If you wish to purchase CHEERS! with a Carnival Gift Card, you may do so onboard. This is the link for their info. https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106

I dont want anyone else wasting their time trying to call. I have invested about 1 1/2 hrs calling in multiple times and speaking with different people hoping to get a different answe but sadly everyone is saying the same when I call so don't bother trying

Nevermind A_Sea_Bug I found where you saw your info as well. After speaking with IT support for the carnivalgiftcards.com they are going to remove the info from both places on the web site. It is incorrect. The Cheers FAQs web site info is correct. It says: Currently, we are not able to process the Carnival Gift Card for Fun Shop orders. If you wish to purchase CHEERS! with a Carnival Gift Card, you may do so onboard. This is the link for their info. https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106

I dont want anyone else wasting their time trying to call. I have invested about 1 1/2 hrs calling in multiple times and speaking with different people hoping to get a different answe but sadly everyone is saying the same when I call so don't bother trying

What a pain that must have been. Thanks for coming back here and letting the rest of us know. And thanks for telling them to fix it to avoid future confusion!!

I actually called them just to find out if I could use a gift card over the phone for Cheers, the guy said oh yes you can. Thank goodness, I called a few days later to ask again (because I seen people saying you could not) and she told me no that you could use them on the ship when you board only. So it tells me either he was not listening to me...or he just assumed and did not know.

I have read through a lot of the pages and haven't seen this question asked.

So it seems Carnival has a bit of different interpretation of Texas laws compared to other cruise lines. If a person preorders CHEERS for a Galveston 7 day cruise they are only charged for 6. The soda program is only $6 a day. Why can't they not charge for at least soda on the first day for Texas cruises? Seriously, if I've spent $690 for two people - which is as much as one person's cruise fare -

Has this not been thought of? Or why not charge for 7 days but can't purchase package in port? But can be used on first day if purchased at least 2 days before sailing???

I actually called them just to find out if I could use a gift card over the phone for Cheers, the guy said oh yes you can. Thank goodness, I called a few days later to ask again (because I seen people saying you could not) and she told me no that you could use them on the ship when you board only. So it tells me either he was not listening to me...or he just assumed and did not know.

I suspect that had you tried to purchase the first time when you called he would have tried to order it and said, "Wait, sorry you cant use gift cards over the phone. You can pay with a credit/Debit card though. Would you like to do that?" That happened to me the FIRST time I called. Then after reading posts on here from people saying you COULD use gift cards I called back for a second and THIRD opinion and they all told me the same, that you could NOT. So by saving money purchasing the gift cards specifically for cheers you are pretty much negating that savings by having to purchase the package on the boat and paying the 54.95 vs. 49.95/day advanced purchase rate. They've got that one figured out.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll admit that I haven't read all 1000+ posts of this thread, but I did read the last 10-15 pages and can't find the answer to a question, so I hope someone can help me out here.

One of my favorite drinks, as noted in another thread, is a chocolate-raspberry truffle "martini" (not really a martini, but is generally served in a martini glass). It's a shot of vanilla vodka, half a shot of chocolate liqueur, and half a shot of Chambord mixed with half and half. Because it's not on any of Carnival's menus, it generally ends up being charged on a per shot basis. At ~$21 per drink. This drink in particular would pretty much ensure that I break even on the Cheers program, but I'm concerned that this would count as three different drinks. Does anyone have any experience with this? Can you custom order cocktails like this? Note that I'll be sailing on a ship without an Alchemy bar if that makes a difference.

I'll admit that I haven't read all 1000+ posts of this thread, but I did read the last 10-15 pages and can't find the answer to a question, so I hope someone can help me out here.

One of my favorite drinks, as noted in another thread, is a chocolate-raspberry truffle "martini" (not really a martini, but is generally served in a martini glass). It's a shot of vanilla vodka, half a shot of chocolate liqueur, and half a shot of Chambord mixed with half and half. Because it's not on any of Carnival's menus, it generally ends up being charged on a per shot basis. At ~$21 per drink. This drink in particular would pretty much ensure that I break even on the Cheers program, but I'm concerned that this would count as three different drinks. Does anyone have any experience with this? Can you custom order cocktails like this? Note that I'll be sailing on a ship without an Alchemy bar if that makes a difference.

if its not onthe menu , they wont let you get the drink at all. It would be a shot, wait 5 minutes and then get another shot then wait 5 minutes for another.

Our cruise (tomorrow!!!) has an alchemy bar ... So thank you for this recipe. It sounds lovely. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

if its not onthe menu , they wont let you get the drink at all. It would be a shot, wait 5 minutes and then get another shot then wait 5 minutes for another.

Where's this rule? Do they have literally hundreds of common mixed drinks listed on the menu? If I want a gin, tonic, and St. Germain do I need to order a gin and tonic and then hang about at the bar for five minutes waiting for a shot of elderflower so I can put half of it into my glass? That's hilariously absurd.

Where's this rule? Do they have literally hundreds of common mixed drinks listed on the menu? If I want a gin, tonic, and St. Germain do I need to order a gin and tonic and then hang about at the bar for five minutes waiting for a shot of elderflower so I can put half of it into my glass? That's hilariously absurd.

unfortunately you might just like a side car. you cant get a side car without waiting 5 minutes.

you can try if you want. you can not even get a double shot together because that is 2 drinks.

I take my own energy drinks onboard. I have never had a problem getting a double shot of Bombay Sapphire Gin on the rocks in a tall glass. I fill it up with my Monster White.

I take my own energy drinks onboard. I have never had a problem getting a double shot of Bombay Sapphire Gin on the rocks in a tall glass. I fill it up with my Monster White.

if you got that with the cheers program, then you got lucky. it wont always be like that. several people have posted here they cant get doubles or sidecars, etc with cheers

• A double shot will count as 2 drinks.

• There is a 5 minute wait time between ordering drinks.

So reading the Carnival out NYC says you have to wait a day but I have never had to with Celebrity is that because its out of NJ? I thought NCL was the first day too and that's our of NYC. What a stupid rule.

It has to do with state laws. NJ, although close, is a different state.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app