The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

My husband and I are debating. We have cruised both ways with Cheers and without. He thinks it's too restrictive because he likes to buy buckets of beer to take to the balcony and also enjoys drinking double shots of Crown Royal. I think it's perfect because it saves us around $300 for a 8 day cruise. Now that they've added coffee, water and other stuff to the package, it will save us even more. What are you opinions? Help us decide if we should purchase it for our next 8 days in February.

Tell him to preorder a few 4 packs for your room and then go grab a bucket of ice from the nearest bar. Doesn't count against your 15 but you do pay for it on top of Cheers.

Tell him to preorder a few 4 packs for your room and then go grab a bucket of ice from the nearest bar. Doesn't count against your 15 but you do pay for it on top of Cheers.

I didn't realize you could do this. You can order and pay for buckets even with Cheers? As far as the double shots of Crown, I'll just order one for him and wait five minutes to order another drink myself. $300 is a lot of money! Since we never go over our 15 drink limt, this will definitely work. I'm so glad I asked!! Thanks guys.

Edited by summersalt

I didn't realize you could do this. You can order and pay for buckets even with Cheers? As far as the double shots of Crown, I'll just order one for him and wait five minutes to order another drink myself. $300 is a lot of money! Since we never go over our 15 drink limt, this will definitely work. I'm so glad I asked!! Thanks guys.

Why buy a bucket when all you need to do is order an unopened beer at 4 different bars at 5-10 minute intervals and you tip each bartender a buck. Ask bartender number one to also give you a bucket with ice and then you can just place the unopened beers into it. If by some chance the bartender will not sell you an unopened one, just go to another bar.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Just off the Sunshine and enjoyed my first cruise with the updated Cheers. It is a bad, bad idea to include those marvelous spiked milk shakes!! :D

Frozen Irish coffees.........don't get me started!

and the elusive $50 dollar drink. This is all we found and it isn't included. In the steak house.

14666276_1408976315796610_161390727127971496_n.jpg?oh=8df838163d7154020e7d3a025f61e282&oe=58627635

did you find any $20+ glasses of wine?

You're not using the Cheers program to pay for these. I go online and buy a couple 4 packs ahead of time and they are in the room when we get on.

Look back at the post you quoted. Buckets of beer are NOT covered under CHEERS.

This also applies to any beverage intended to be shared like the fishbowl and beer tubes at Red Frog.

did you find any $20+ glasses of wine?

I did not personally see any. We had stopped into the steak house for a nightcap and simply noted this higher priced drink.

I failed to peruse the wine selection. I might have to go again to do so. :p

Other wines in the dining room tended to go to the $11 - $12 or so price range for a glass before going to bottle prices.

I do frequent the Alchemy if they have it on the ship - I love The Remedy among others, but they don't have Alchemy on all ships - like the Breeze or the Paradise (my next short little get-away). I wish all ships would get the Alchemy.

WHAT!!!:eek: No Alchemy bar on Breeze??????

The blue prints were already set in stone when the Breeze was being built, which was at the same time that the Alchemy Bar was becoming successful. I believe it was first on the Liberty. It would have been a great addition to the Breeze, which is a fantastic ship with all of the Caribbean hues instead of the over the top Farcus style.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I did not personally see any. We had stopped into the steak house for a nightcap and simply noted this higher priced drink.

I failed to peruse the wine selection. I might have to go again to do so. :p

Other wines in the dining room tended to go to the $11 - $12 or so price range for a glass before going to bottle prices.

Thanks for the info.

I think another cruise to check the wine list is in order!

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I are sailing in an 8 day cruise 12/18 on Sunshine. I've seen the prices for coffee, espresso, milkshakes. What is the cost of something such as a BBC or a frozen drink? We aren't heavy drinkers - am thinking perhaps a mimosa in the morning/coffee for him; maybe two drinks by the pool, a pre dinner drink, soda at dinner (he may get wine) and one during a show. Not sure that justifies the $919 cost for the two of us. Can anyone offer advice, please?

My husband and I are sailing in an 8 day cruise 12/18 on Sunshine. I've seen the prices for coffee, espresso, milkshakes. What is the cost of something such as a BBC or a frozen drink? We aren't heavy drinkers - am thinking perhaps a mimosa in the morning/coffee for him; maybe two drinks by the pool, a pre dinner drink, soda at dinner (he may get wine) and one during a show. Not sure that justifies the $919 cost for the two of us. Can anyone offer advice, please?

Read a few pages back. Also looks like you are doing 5 drinks plus soda coffee and milkshakes per day

Edited by A_Sea_Bugg

Read a few pages back. Also looks like you are doing 5 drinks plus soda coffee and milkshakes per day

Yes, it sure does. So if we did that we would be at the break even point or above? I will go back a few pages and see if I can find what A Sea Bugg was referring to. Thank you!

Going off of what you wrote I came up with the following:

Breakfast: 1 Small Fancy Coffee - 2.95 1 Mimosa - 7.50

By the Pool: 2 Drinks each at ~7.25 per - 14.50pp - 29.00 (Piña Colada, Daiquiri)

Pre-Dinner: Alchemy Bar - 8.95pp - 17.90

Dinner: 1 Soda - 1.95 1 Wine (Chardonnay) - 6.25

Show: Library Bar - 8.75pp - 17.50

Total: ~83.05/day pretax

Cheers: 49.95pp - 99.90/day pretax

Since I'm not sure exactly what you enjoy (or even if I read your post correctly) you'd have to adjust it accordingly. http://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/711-carnival-cruise-bar-menu-prices

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Going off of what you wrote I came up with the following:

Breakfast: 1 Small Fancy Coffee - 2.95 1 Mimosa - 7.50

By the Pool: 2 Drinks each at ~7.25 per - 14.50pp - 29.00 (Piña Colada, Daiquiri)

Pre-Dinner: Alchemy Bar - 8.95pp - 17.90

Dinner: 1 Soda - 1.95 1 Wine (Chardonnay) - 6.25

Show: Library Bar - 8.75pp - 17.50

Total: ~83.05/day pretax

Cheers: 49.95pp - 99.90/day pretax

Since I'm not sure exactly what you enjoy (or even if I read your post correctly) you'd have to adjust it accordingly. http://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/711-carnival-cruise-bar-menu-prices

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This was an excellent formula very realistic and on point. It seems it will work for my husband and I. Thanks.

Yes, it sure does. So if we did that we would be at the break even point or above? I will go back a few pages and see if I can find what A Sea Bugg was referring to. Thank you!

Yes that is the break even point. Also if that is all you are going to drink you can be adventurous and try NEW drinks without worrying of going over the 15 drink max.

On the 10/23, Carnival Breeze cruise, we had Cheers. The main things I noticed was that some of the high end spirits were not available or they were only available at certain bars. For us, the most noticeable were, Patron Roca and Makers Mark. I was most taken back by the Makers Mark. It's top shelf but not that "top shelf".

Also, they no longer serve Stoli. There are higher end vodkas, such as: Belvedere and Grey Goose. I think this is because of providers rather than cost.

Take care,

Mike

On the 10/23, Carnival Breeze cruise, we had Cheers. The main things I noticed was that some of the high end spirits were not available or they were only available at certain bars. For us, the most noticeable were, Patron Roca and Makers Mark. I was most taken back by the Makers Mark. It's top shelf but not that "top shelf".

Also, they no longer serve Stoli. There are higher end vodkas, such as: Belvedere and Grey Goose. I think this is because of providers rather than cost.

Take care,

Mike

If I am reading you correctly. You could get "Maker's Mark" just you had to hunt it down. If that is the case I would say because of the everything is covered up to $50.00. Try an experement. Take someone out to eat. Go Dutch. See what they order then take the same people out to eat and let them know you are paying and see what they order. Most will change from what they normally order. Your true friends menu price will go down and others will order starters and dessert.