Sorry--another upgrade question??

travlinbug

:o I am Platinum. Usually I book suites. See a sale on an April sailing where I can get a minisuite(I have sailed in one,my first cruise,so I know the cabin type) for a 7 day for about the price I am paying for a brief 4 nite trip to St Martin in May. Considering changing to this cruise for that price,hard to resist. Just wondering--does a top level minisuite ever get upgraded to a suite? I would pay the extra for the highest category mini if that were a possibility. Otherwise I would take the cheapest mini as I don't care about location since all available are on Dolphin deck anyway. Thanks.

:o I am Platinum. Usually I book suites. See a sale on an April sailing where I can get a minisuite(I have sailed in one,my first cruise,so I know the cabin type) for a 7 day for about the price I am paying for a brief 4 nite trip to St Martin in May. Considering changing to this cruise for that price,hard to resist. Just wondering--does a top level minisuite ever get upgraded to a suite? I would pay the extra for the highest category mini if that were a possibility. Otherwise I would take the cheapest mini as I don't care about location since all available are on Dolphin deck anyway. Thanks.

Never for anyone in the 15 years I have been cruising.

There are a small handful of minis on the Emeral deck. They are currently classified as ADs. The good news: they have fully covered balconies. The bad news: on some ships they are right over the lounge at the aft of th ship. You can get some bleed through on the speakers. :)

Yes. We were upgraded from a mini to a VS on the Diamond for a 32 day cruise. It was wonderful especially breakfast in Sabatini's?

Whenever we book with the desire for upgrade and therebore book as a guarantee, we always book the highest catagory of the lower level. We have been upgraderd to suite from mini on two occasions and from a balcony to mini on one. From our understanding of the system as described by others this is the better avenue for possible upgrade.

Archived