Pretty interesting post-debarkation Triumph staff video

The guy who shot these is a piano bar player. Ironically enough he was on the Splendor scheduled as the piano bar entertainer when she caught on fire. It was great hearing Jen. I heard multiple people on tv compliment her. I hope she will be allowed to write her account of the incident like john heald did on the splendor. The other nice thing was to see the crews frustration over the media specifically CNN. I agree with them. From all accounts the crew rocked. My next cruise I hope I'm more generous with cash tipping. They put up with a lot.

Truly a heart warming video that anyone on the fence about taking another CCL cruise should watch. This crew and hotel staff went above and beyond the call of duty amid impossible conditions.

Loved how the loudest cheer came when ROUND TRIP plane tickets were announced. :)

I agree,,,CNN went overboard with their coverage,,,,,they should be held accountable for over covering the story,,,not just this one, but they really must need viewers,,,,

They got me to watch. They got some GREAT video of the ship out there, and coming in, with some GREAT sunsets.

Russell is right when he say in his narrative that Carnival has been lucky that both ships didn't hit rough conditions while disabled. In these cases timing is everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've tried to stay away from a lot of the Triumph threads but that was pretty cool, thanks for sharing.

It is sad to see how upset the crew was with the media when they worked their buns off to do everything humanly possible for the guests.

I've tried to stay away from a lot of the Triumph threads but that was pretty cool, thanks for sharing.

It is sad to see how upset the crew was with the media when they worked their buns off to do everything humanly possible for the guests.

Such applause when she said the passengers were all off the ship!

Wonder why the audio and video were overdubbed when UG showed up?

Such applause when she said the passengers were all off the ship!

That actually could have been taken at least 3 ways. 1) Thank goodness all the cranky pants were gone? 2) It's over and we need the break. 3) Happy to be able to rest now? :)

That actually could have been taken at least 3 ways. 1) Thank goodness all the cranky pants were gone? 2) It's over and we need the break. 3) Happy to be able to rest now? :)

Well, it got as much reaction as to when they said there was Chinese food up on the Lido deck. SO draw your own conclusions! ;):D

First of all, thank-you for sharing these videos. Although some may disagree, the way Gerry Cahill has handled the whole situation, and the way the staff and crew of the Triumph went above and beyond to take care of the guests, is nothing short of commendable. I know, from reading these boards, there are those who have nothing good to say about Carnival, and will never be convinced to feel otherwise. But that's okay. It's nearly impossible to get some people to change their minds when they're prejudiced about someone or something. At the risk of sounding like "just another Carnival cheerleader", although I was not on the Triumph, I think the staff and crew of the Triumph are owed a gigantic debt of gratitude. It's unfortunate that there are a few passengers that, because they were unable to cope with the situation, have turned their backs on Carnival, and have reacted with nothing but disdain for Carnival. And as we know, there are a few that either already have filed or are contemplating filing a lawsut against Carnival. In my mind, what the staff and crew did to take care of the guests on the Triumph, was nothing short of heroic. I have nothing but praise for Carnival, and unending disdain for CNN.

From what I have heard people even the ones who didn't like it all said the crew were great, only heard bad things about the ones off shore

Yeah. The Beards. :rolleyes:

The ones that made all those great decisions in 2012 and the beginning of 2013.

From what I have heard people even the ones who didn't like it all said the crew were great, only heard bad things about the ones off shore. Now I won't cruise carnival, though I won't bash them either I just feel from what I heard from friends who cruised that its like a cheaper hotel, which I usually hate(I like great things) though after this I do think crew did a good job, land people not so much

Truly a heart warming video that anyone on the fence about taking another CCL cruise should watch. This crew and hotel staff went above and beyond the call of duty amid impossible conditions.

Loved how the loudest cheer came when ROUND TRIP plane tickets were announced. :)

That's actually huge for Carnival to do... for some of these crewmembers we are talking atleast a thousand bucks...

Archived