Pretty interesting post-debarkation Triumph staff video

I thought it was interesting that there were couple cabins for crew members. It just never dawned on me that there'd be quarters for couples to share.

We did the behind the fun tour last November on the Triumph, and they talked about how they let the crew share a couples cabin...they have to apply and apparently the people in charge interview the prospective 'couple' to be as sure as they can problems will not rear their ugly head. This tour was a little expensive ( $95 per person )...but we really enjoyed it a lot and learned a lot of interesting info. It was fun to see all the below deck-crew-only places, and visit with some of the crew.:)

That's actually huge for Carnival to do... for some of these crewmembers we are talking atleast a thousand bucks...

I heard but I don't know if it is true. But for employees that get tipped, Carnival pays for their airplane ticket at the end of their contract as incentive to finish it out. But they have to pay for their ticket to get back to the ship at the start of their new contract.

So like you said they are basically getting about $1,000.

Thanks for posting this.

I think Cahill's talk was really classy.

"The only thing that could possibly turn this around, is if when the guests got off, if they raved about the crew. From what I can tell thats whats happening guys. You guys turned the whole thing around."

"What you did, by making the guests realize how you hard you work, you were tremendous ambassadors for us."

"ok things were bad. but people got off raving about you."

"my heartfelt thanks, please just enjoy the next few days, have a great time."

They said the $150 was for three days of meals while they got everyone's arrangements worked out. They also said they would pay for plane ticket home and to return which got a huge cheer. Maybe they have to pay their own airfare when they sign on for new contract?? It was funny when they talked about couples in hotels - only if they were declared couples (and?) currently sharing a cabin.

They all seemed very pleased and there wasn't any side grumblings or bemoaning like in a US staff meeting (lol).

They said the $150 was for three days of meals while they got everyone's arrangements worked out. They also said they would pay for plane ticket home and to return which got a huge cheer. Maybe they have to pay their own airfare when they sign on for new contract?? It was funny when they talked about couples in hotels - only if they were declared couples (and?) currently sharing a cabin.

They all seemed very pleased and there wasn't any side grumblings or bemoaning like in a US staff meeting (lol).

In a Q&A on the Pride a couple years ago, someone asked Jamie D. and her ACD Will if couples were allowed to share cabins. They more-or-less said that there is a process of paperwork and interviews that happen, but yes, crew members can declare themselves a couple and live in the same cabin. This was obviously taken into account when they were coming up with accommodations with the staff

I heard but I don't know if it is true. But for employees that get tipped, Carnival pays for their airplane ticket at the end of their contract as incentive to finish it out. But they have to pay for their ticket to get back to the ship at the start of their new contract.

So like you said they are basically getting about $1,000.

From my understanding talking to our room steward on our Dream Cruise, Carnival pays for the return flight, but no the flight to join the ship... Depending on where some of the crew is from (Manilla/Jakarta) a one way flight can run a grand or so.... So this is a nice bit of compensation...

Archived