Chef's Table..is it worth it?

ripjerry95

I was wondering for those of you that have done the Chef's table do you feel it is worth the price? Is it offered on all RC ships or just some? Thanks, Kim

YES, Definitily, We did the Chefs table on the Radiance last May and it was superb.

I posted a review of our cruise on Radiance with a section on the Chefs Table here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1642023

Chef's Table: All I can say is Wow! The food was superb with a wine paring for every course (5). The chef came out before every course and explained the dish, how it was made, the ingredients and the inspiration, then the sommelier would come out and explain the wine pairing. We were only 6 that night though the chef's table normally does not sit with less than 10 and can handle up to 14. Our cruise only had 3 nights where the chef's table was held. The chef's table costs $95.00 per person and at the end of the meal you get two aprons and a Royal Caribbean cook book per couple. They send a nice invitation to your stateroom the night before inviting you to the dinner, it explains where to go to meet up prior to your meal. The Maitre-D comes out and sits you down outside the chef's table dining area and you are served with a glass of champagne prior to going in and sitting down for the meal.:D:D

Edited by mrell345
Update post

I'll let you know in a few days. We're doing it Sat. night on the Oasis.

For my wife and I Chef's Table was worth it. It was one of the better meals I've had anywhere. The wine pairings complemented the food and the sommelier's comments about the wine and why it was paired with each course were interesting. The chef went into great detail about how each course was prepared, sometimes too much detail for me. I'm kind of an amateur chef though and my wife really enjoyed the chef's descriptions of each course.

Agree with the others. We have done the Chef's Table on 3 cruises and it is usually one of our best meals of the trip. The food and wine are great but have really enjoyed meeting the other people at the table. It is a small group so can have very enjoyable conversation. Highly recommend!

I was wondering for those of you that have done the Chef's table do you feel it is worth the price? Is it offered on all RC ships or just some? Thanks, Kim

I think it is worth trying. You get quite a bit of wine and great service. Plus, you get the cookbook to go with dinner

Yes it's worth it! We did it on Allure. Amazing meal, great wine, fantastic company. Don't place too much value on the aprons though. They're not exactly top quality... More like a single use type fabric. (Like the reusable grocery bags are made from). Cookbook is great though!

We would do it again!

I've done it twice. It's good. Menu was identical both times (allure). We were fortunate to have met really fun table mates.

Tips:

-It takes forever, and you will be stuffed. It's likely you will not want to do much after

-Save room for the beef-excellent

-They will alter the menu and whip up good stuff if you ask (ie don't eat red meat, don't like fish, etc). They seem happy to do it, unless you go crazy I suppose.

-You can ask for more wine. Or, if you liked a previous one better, more of that please! Bottomless glass.

-They will alter the menu and whip up good stuff if you ask (ie don't eat red meat, don't like fish, etc). They seem happy to do it, unless you go crazy I suppose.

this is good to know..I am allergic to most kinds of shellfish, and I was worried about having too many courses with it, that would have gone uneaten. is this something you need to mention ahead of time, or can the Chef work on the fly?