Gotta Love NCL- Pillow Menu :)

2boyzmom

Just received an e-mail from concierge desk asking me to pick my "pillow type" and choice of coffeee and teas. This is why we try other cruise lines and run back to the suite life on NCL !

I am on the Dawn in three weeks and in the Aft Penthouse Suite, I never got an email. Do you know if these emails are just for a specific type of suite?

I am on the Dawn in three weeks and in the Aft Penthouse Suite, I never got an email. Do you know if these emails are just for a specific type of suite?

Not sure- we are in a penthouse suite- ypou can e-mail concierge desk (check c.critic for e-mail address) and they can assist.

Just received an e-mail from concierge desk asking me to pick my "pillow type" and choice of coffeee and teas. This is why we try other cruise lines and run back to the suite life on NCL !

Do you have a list of the types of pillows? I would like to take a look at options...

Thanks!

Tam

Do you have a list of the types of pillows? I would like to take a look at options...

Thanks!

Tam

I would like to see that to. We took an upsell yesterday from a mini-suite to a family suite. We sail Sun. We haven't received an email either.

Don't tell DW - but several years ago before our 1st cruise I saw a reference to a "pillow menu" for suites and thought this was some unique cruise stateroom space-saving feature where the room service menu was printed on the pillow cases. We had a mid-ship balcony on the 10th deck so I never gave it another thought.

A year or so later, when we had a suite, DW mentioned it and said what it was. Still, on embarkation day, I was a tad disappointed that the room service menu wasn't printed on the pillow case. ;)

Don't tell DW - but several years ago before our 1st cruise I saw a reference to a "pillow menu" for suites and thought this was some unique cruise stateroom space-saving feature where the room service menu was printed on the pillow cases. We had a mid-ship balcony on the 10th deck so I never gave it another thought.

A year or so later, when we had a suite, DW mentioned it and said what it was. Still, on embarkation day, I was a tad disappointed that the room service menu wasn't printed on the pillow case. ;)

Omg. That made me laugh!! Too funny....

Here is the e:mail I received today:

Below are some of the complimentary amenities that will be made available to you, our valued Haven & Suites guests. We have several options and it would be my pleasure to assist you with pre arranging everything for your upcoming sailing onboard the Norwegian Sun on March 20, 2013. Please select your preferences from the menu below.

Pillow Options

Climarelle - body temperature regulating

Feather - goose down

Hypo-Allergenic

Overfilled Firm - firm but not too hard

Reading Wedge

Ultra Foam - deluxe memory

Coffee

Regular

Decaffeinated

Tea

Chamomile

Green

Black

Lemon

Extra Towels

Washcloths

Hand

Bath

Also, please advise me of any additional interest in our Mandara Spa Services, Art Gallery, or Specialty Dining. It would be my pleasure to make these arrangements for your upcoming sailing. Please advise me of your estimated time of arrival to the port on the day of embarkation so that I may advise the shipboard team. If you have any questions or requests please feel free to contact me at 1-855-625-4283, my extension is ¬¬¬¬7237.

Regards,

Stephanie

Concierge Desk Coordinator

Norwegian Cruise Line

Edited by 2boyzmom

Here is the e:mail I received today:

Below are some of the complimentary amenities that will be made available to you, our valued Haven & Suites guests. We have several options and it would be my pleasure to assist you with pre arranging everything for your upcoming sailing onboard the Norwegian Sun on March 20, 2013. Please select your preferences from the menu below.

Pillow Options

Feather - goose down

Hypo-Allergenic

Reading Wedge

Coffee

Regular

Decaffeinated

Tea

Chamomile

Green

Black

Lemon

Extra Towels

Washcloths

Hand

Bath

Also, please advise me of any additional interest in our Mandara Spa Services, Art Gallery, or Specialty Dining. It would be my pleasure to make these arrangements for your upcoming sailing. Please advise me of your estimated time of arrival to the port on the day of embarkation so that I may advise the shipboard team. If you have any questions or requests please feel free to contact me at 1-855-625-4283, my extension is ¬¬¬¬7237.

Regards,

Stephanie

Concierge Desk Coordinator

Norwegian Cruise Line

THanks so much for posting!!

Tammi

We are in a family suite on the Star March 17th. We booked through a TA. Would I expect to get an email like this also? Or do you have to book with NCL to get this?

I booked through a TA. You should also receive "real" luggage tags in the mail :)

Pillow Options

Feather - goose down

Hypo-Allergenic

Reading Wedge

Which one will be in the cheap seats? (Mini-Suites, Balconies, and OV)

Oops..... should have finished reading the thread. Sorry!!!

Edited by 2Oregonians

This past June we were on Epic, I contacted the concierge desk myself prior to the trip and did coffee and pillow selection on line. When we arived to our room we had regular pillows, I was told by our butler that they ran out of the selection. Don't get me wrong we had a blast and our 2 bedroom was gorgeous. The service was unbelievable. My point is that there is a chance you might not get those pillows.

Wow, thank you so much for posting this thread!!!! We actually rec'd our letter from NCL with luggage tags today and I emailed the concierge to ask for a soft pillow for my neck (disc problems) but then saw your thread, so was able to email them back and be much more specific lol.........that is so great!!! Thank you.

Leah

• 4 weeks later...
I booked through a TA. You should also receive "real" luggage tags in the mail :)

Unfortunately they are glue-backed which means you'll have a bugger of a time folding them and putting them in your super cool CC luggage tags. I gave up after hosing several of mine and just printed the online tags on a color printer then cut down to size.

Unfortunately they are glue-backed which means you'll have a bugger of a time folding them and putting them in your super cool CC luggage tags. I gave up after hosing several of mine and just printed the online tags on a color printer then cut down to size.

Just don't take the backing off. Then nothing will stick! If you already did....just stick them to paper and trim to the correct size.